Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Looking for Wisconsin land - Landwatch ok?
Jeremias
# Posted: 8 Jul 2015 21:47

Hello everyone!

I'm new to the Small Cabin Forum and excited about the posts I've been reading. There is really some great information here.

I am looking for some land to build a small cabin on to use a few times per year. I figure I'm not getting any younger, and want to start the slow and steady process of buying land and planning the cabin. However, I live overseas and do not have the luxury of personally inspecting properties. When I come back home, I'd like to be able to get out to the property (and eventually the cabin) to get away from city life.

I've already picked up some good tips, and I've primarily been viewing properties on landwatch.com. Are there any other recommended sites or cautions about landwatch? Ideally, I would like a property in Wisconsin, near a national or state forest or wildlife preserve, but have been focusing mostly around the Chequamegon-Nicolet National Forest.

Any thoughts would be great. Thanks!

cspot
# Posted: 8 Jul 2015 21:50

I am in a similar boat as you except for the overseas part. I have been looking on landwatch and also Zillow. I have saved searches that email me when new listings matching my filters hit the board. Been looking for a while but haven't found a place yet. We did go look at one place.

LDamm
# Posted: 9 Jul 2015 10:18

Try this site. He always has some nice properties.

http://lakeslandandcabins.com/

neb
# Posted: 9 Jul 2015 20:05

Landwatch>>>Is where I found my property and absolutely no problems. They are a middle man to property for sale and you will still go through an agent that is not affiliated with Landwatch.

Jeremias
# Posted: 10 Jul 2015 00:08

Quoting: LDamm
Try this site. He always has some nice properties.

http://lakeslandandcabins.com/

Thanks, LDamm! I hadn't seen this site that specializes in Wisconsin.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.