Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Fire prevention/Maintenance
Tyndra
# Posted: 15 Jul 2017 23:25

I am afraid I already know the answer to this, but thought I with my province on fire (and my property surrounded on all sides, though nothing within 12 kms) I thought it might be a good time to ask. Better late than never!

I recently bought about 26 acres that was logged about 25 years ago. Most of the slash was cleaned up but not all. Wind storms, including a once in 200 year storm blowing through this June, have knocked down quite a few trees and the land has become completely over grown with the floor being littered with what amounts to kindling. I was hoping to put a proper drive in and work out once I have access. That is still the plan, but priorities have changed. Now to my question

Is there an effective, quick way to clean up this land? I understand how to make buildings and the are around them safer, but I was hoping to only clear 2 acres for the buildings. There is approximately 2 acres already cleared along the entrance but that still leaves me with over 20 that I will have to deal with. Any tips or pointers? Is it literally just rake (with a machine) and remove as many low branches as possible? Is that enough?

Thanks everyone

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.