Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Invasive plants
jmcindric
# Posted: 25 Feb 2018 20:17

Hi guys!

The lower part of our property is the youngest forest on our land, seems to be regenerating from a small pasture. This area is infested with multiflora rose which is considered an invasive species here in Ohio and many other states. We have our work cut out for us trying to get these thorny plants under control and hopefully off our property for good.

My question for you guys is this, does any one know of grant money that is available for homeowners to use to help curtail some of the cost that would be associated with removing invasive species? Internet web searches only yield results that are a couple of years old, nothing current. What information can you share?

Smawgunner
# Posted: 25 Feb 2018 21:19

The Ohio Forest Tax Law might have money depending on how much property you have . I'd call ODNR and see what you can come up with.

DaveBell
# Posted: 26 Feb 2018 14:38 - Edited by: DaveBell

The answer to your problem is goats. No Goats?
Try this:
https://mdc.mo.gov/trees-plants/problem-plant-control/invasive-plants/multiflora-rose -control
I found several solutions on a simple search.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.