Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Properties / Ontario Canada Build
Kae450
# Posted: 22 Apr 2020 19:37

I bought 6.5 acres up around Kirkland Lake. To avoid bylaws and building permit stuff as I am in an organized township unfortunately can I just build a cabin on the deck of a float trailer?? I mean..., it’s technically portable I’d leave the wheels on. No foundation etc. I can’t possibly be the first guy to ask this here guys. Sorry. I’m new here. Got a lot to learn. Thx

Princelake
# Posted: 22 Apr 2020 20:21

Some organized townships won't allow just trailers on an empty piece of property. They want a primary residence on then property before they will allow you to park something like that on your property. Definitely look at the townships bylaw.

Kae450
# Posted: 22 Apr 2020 20:29

Interesting ok thx

Kae450
# Posted: 22 Apr 2020 20:34

Has anyone on here ever built a small cabin up on a flatbed trailer?

Princelake
# Posted: 22 Apr 2020 21:46

If I were to do something like that. I'd do something like this.

https://www.kijiji.ca/v-travel-trailer-camper/sault-ste-marie/beautiful-trailer-tiny- house/1420421214

bushbunkie
# Posted: 23 Apr 2020 09:36 - Edited by: bushbunkie

Prince lake is right...they would simply classify it as a trailer and if trailers are not allowed, like most places in Ontario now, they would ask you to remove it or remove it themselves. Between annual fly overs and satellite, they can pretty well see most property development. I’m on the Bruce peninsula.
Having said that, you have 6 acres and bylaw enforcement is usually complaint driven...so if you have it in a location that no one can see it, don’t lend your property out to meathead relatives, build a nice structure and are a good neighbour, you give no one a real reason to complain about you. I get the bylaws and trailer restrictions...when I was looking for property I saw lots of irresponsible owners who left 30 ft. trailers to rot in the bush for the next owner to deal with. I can see why neighbours would complain.
Nice country up there...used to live in area and party at the Larder Lake Hotel! Best of luck.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.