Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Just spent the night!
Knipper
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 15:16

Finally we slept in our cabin, so I guess it's time for me to post, rather than lurk!
Our cabin is built on the hubby's family homestead farm. It's been in the family for over 100 years, and backs on to the North Saskatchewan River here in Alberta. His parents live in the old farmhouse, and though there is electricity, gas, and water to the site, our cabin is off the grid. We are using a Honda 3000 generator and solar panels for electricity. There will be no running water, just a biffy out back.
The cabin is 16 X 24, two bedrooms, on large living room/kitchen, and a loft. Heat will come from a wood stove. We started on it back in March and can only work on it every couple of weekends, so we are sitting with a bedroom done, the cabinets, counter, and second half of the floor are getting installed this weekend. Next weekend we hope to install the wood stove, cause it's getting chilly!
And eventually, we should actually build the biffy. Anyone want to invent a solar-powered biffy seat heater?

soundandfurycabin
# Posted: 2 Aug 2008 15:52

That sounds really great, congratulations. That's about the size I'm planning to build. Do you have any photos or a floorplan you can post?

Knipper
# Posted: 13 Aug 2008 19:51

I got my floorplan from here:
http://www.cabinplans123.com/cabinplans.htm
It's a great little site, and the blueprints have everything that you need to build it, including the materials list.

soundandfurycabin
# Posted: 19 Aug 2008 16:15

Thanks for the link Knipper.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.