Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / My Next Build
mrmiji
# Posted: 19 May 2011 22:22

Along the black line paralleling the power line, you'll see a blue dot. That's where I'm putting an 8' X 12' Bunkhouse. I'll be building on cinder blocks bringing the floor up 5' and allowing for a robust amount of space for batteries and a potable water tank along with generator storage.

Where you see the cut trees, you'll also note a serpentine cut in the ground. Deer move bed there and in the stand of trees below. They cross from there over the ridge on the way to the pond and also move through there on the way to a post oak stand that's rich with mast. I'll have a commanding view of my property and, being on the crest of a butte, will have a commanding view of the valley below.

I'm going to put an outdoor shower below the Bunkhouse four large windows out the front and sides along with a door in front and an oversized wood stove centered on the back. I'll skin it with concrete shingles that were left on the property. It'll have a deck mounted to oil drilling pipe also abandoned on the property.

Circumstances have me waiting a couple months before construction and, yeah, I'll be working in the heat.
build_line.jpg
build_line.jpg

BlaineHill
# Posted: 19 May 2011 22:30

Looks like a wing strut in the top left... You took that picture yourself, didn't you? It's a beautiful and mystical peice of land you have there. Good luck with your build.

mrmiji
# Posted: 19 May 2011 22:42

You're quite correct, sir. I love the place. I go out one day a week but would really like to start going Friday night and coming back early Sunday.
DSC01285.JPG
DSC01285.JPG
PICT0317.JPG
PICT0317.JPG

Rob_O
# Posted: 20 May 2011 00:35

Where's the airstrip going to go?

mrmiji
# Posted: 20 May 2011 09:26

It's a little hard to tell from the photos but there really isn't a flat spot big enough to build a strip. Though I don't have a picture to illustrate the view from the Bunkhouse site, these are a few photos from well below at a different location looking in the same general direction.
DSC00671.JPG
DSC00671.JPG
DSC00672.JPG
DSC00672.JPG
DSC01789.JPG
DSC01789.JPG

mrmiji
# Posted: 21 May 2011 21:58

Discussing my plans with my favorite hillbilly friend, he's adamant that rural areas in OK don't require a build permit offering his brother as an example that had just built a 3000 sq ft home on Beaver County without a permit.

My mind raced thinking about just how big to go now. I'm going with "not much". I'm thinking a 12 X 12 still elevated about 4-5' on cinderblocks (providing space for potable and grey water and batteries) with 5' overhangs on the front and back.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.