Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Lake cabin in Georgia
Lumber Guy
# Posted: 15 Jun 2011 08:39

We have been working on this cabin since 1982, and this is the result of nearly 30 years of part time work by several family members. It started out as four posts with a roof. We thought it would be nice to have a bathroom, so one was added to the back. The front part was screened in, then changed to polyethelene and a wood stove was added in the winter. A kitchen was added next to the bathroom, and the front part was framed up and made into a living / sleeping area. An actual bedroom was added to the right side, and a closet on the back. My daughter and son-in-law have lived there for the last year.

lake cabin

bobrok
# Posted: 15 Jun 2011 10:52

Dang, that's nicer than most of the homes on my street!!!!
Beautiful.

Lumber Guy
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 06:06

Quoting: bobrok
Dang, that's nicer than most of the homes on my street!!!!
Beautiful.

Thanks, bobrok! It's taken a long time and lot's of work from family members!

hattie
# Posted: 16 Jun 2011 13:04

Gorgeous....Looks like something from a Garden magazine. Do you have any inside pictures? What is the square footage?

Lumber Guy
# Posted: 21 Jun 2011 08:19

Quoting: hattie
Gorgeous....Looks like something from a Garden magazine. Do you have any inside pictures? What is the square footage?

Thanks, hattie! Here are some inside pictures. My wife and daughter did most of the decorating.

lake cabin bedroom

lake cabin bedroom

lake cabin kitchen

I think it's about 650 square feet.

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Jun 2011 08:28

Lumber guy.your kitchen cabinets are exactly painted in the very same color as the ones at our house in town.good choice.love your cabin house.

Lumber Guy
# Posted: 21 Jun 2011 08:34

Thanks, cabingal3! My daughter actually picked out that color and refinished them about 2 months ago.

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Jun 2011 09:08

your daughter and i have the same idea on cabinets.she did a good job.love the kitchen cabinets alot!
here is ours.pretty dog gone close.i like your metal hardware better.
green kitchen
green kitchen

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 21 Jun 2011 22:43

I'm glad to see we girls are of like mind when it comes to the color of the kitchen cabinets.
Did anyone notice that it matchs the left sided border of this site?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.