Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Lurker turned contributor 20 X 36 in Utah
suburbancowboy
# Posted: 29 Jun 2011 10:57

I have been a lurker in this forum for many years. This year I finally started my cabin. So here goes. Lets hope that I can figure out how to post images. Here are the plans that I am building to.

I am about half done to getting dried in.

naturelover66
# Posted: 29 Jun 2011 13:59

Welcome to the Forum !!! Your Cabin plans look great ...... i cant wait to see pictures. I visited Southern Utah two years ago...... and absolutely fell in love with the beauty of the land. I ve been looking at property there ever since.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 Jun 2011 14:08

nice plans............welcome to the forum. Looking forward to pic's of your cabin as well.

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 29 Jun 2011 17:25

Year 1 got the building permit. What a painful process.
Year 1.5 got the foundation in. Built a 12X16 1 1/2 story bunk house/shed

Bunk house near completion.

Year 2 finished bunk house and bought 4 Wheelers. Price of lumber was to high to build the cabin.

Here is what the last 1/2 mile to the cabin looked like the week before memorial day.

One week later I made it to the lot in the truck and was able to start.

More later

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 Jun 2011 17:28

looks GREAT!!!!!!
love the view............
really like the bunk house too!!!!

BadgersHollow
# Posted: 29 Jun 2011 19:03

More photos and details about the bunk house, that looks cool. How much do you think it cost you to build it? I'm going to start on something like this soon.

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 30 Jun 2011 10:40

The bunk house is a 12 X16 with 10 foot wall and a 12 X 12 pitch roof. I have about 5000 dollars into it. It is mainly used as a shed to store the 4 wheelers and supplies but works ok to sleep in over night. Here are a couple of pictures in more detail for it.

upstairs

down stairs

Solar trailer that I built on winter waiting for the snow to melt. It supplies all the power we need up there.

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 1 Jul 2011 10:43

Here are a couple of more pics

This is where I got by end of the memorial day weekend.

One week later

Another week later

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 1 Jul 2011 13:11

fine looking build on the cabin............you be in the dry in no time.....
ps--you have a great view from your cain, i bet fall will be postcard view.

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 1 Jul 2011 15:12

You know it. Fall is my favorite time on the mountain. This is from 2 years ago.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 1 Jul 2011 19:00

Quoting: suburbancowboy
Fall is my favorite time

mine too-------
beautiful pic...........

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 6 Jul 2011 12:31

Here are a few more pics. This will catch everybody up.

This is where we got to this last weekend.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 Jul 2011 17:53

amazing view !!!! nice trusses!!!!! that roof work is HARD work!!!!!!!!!!

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 6 Jul 2011 18:48

Those trusses look custom made?

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 7 Jul 2011 10:42

They were made by a lumber supply place that supplies material for companies that build houses. They are 12/12 on the outside and 9/12 on the inside, with a 20 foot span. 120 pound snow load. On the second floor it is about 9 feet to the peak. They ran about 2000 dollars delivered. Other than the foundation this was the most expensive part.

naturelover66
# Posted: 8 Jul 2011 11:01

Nice job and what a view !!!

bret7763
# Posted: 10 Jul 2011 20:00

Progress for this weekend got two more rows of osb on. The truss crew put some of the trusses on the wrong sides of the line so we had to cut the nails and move and rest the trusses. What a pain. Hopefully next week we will finish the roof.

bret7763
# Posted: 10 Jul 2011 20:01

brokeneck
# Posted: 3 Dec 2011 00:19

Looks great -- but then so did the bunkhouse ...

neb
# Posted: 3 Dec 2011 09:11

Very nice and great country.

Bevis
# Posted: 3 Dec 2011 11:02

Nice build so far. WE like pictures. Love the view 2

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 28 May 2014 14:50

I haven't posted on this in a while but here is where the cabin stood as of the end of last year.

suburbancowboy
# Posted: 28 May 2014 14:53

Also last year I had a project to get power to the cabin. So I built this 8X8 power shed to hold the 3 250 watt panels and the batteries, charge controllers, inverters, etc. There is also enough room to hold one 4 wheeler. It is designed to double the capacity if I every want to go full time.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.