Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Making Great Headway With Our Cabin
TWilliams
# Posted: 12 Jul 2011 16:22

So we've got the foundation laid, skids in place, floor framed, three and two thirds walls up. Not bad for a couple of women in two months!
Our cabin has, so far been built with finds on craigslist..and for the most part its free! Thats why the sheathing has clouds painted on it, not my first choice but its free and we'll be covering it with siding anyway! Next we need to get our roof on and hopefully we will have it in lock up condition by the end of the summer!
skids
skids
framed floor
framed floor
two and a half walls
two and a half walls
three and two thirds
three and two thirds

naturelover66
# Posted: 12 Jul 2011 17:18

Woo Hoo !!! Looks Awesome !!!! Great work !!!!

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 12 Jul 2011 17:38

It looks great. I wish I had the luck with craigs list that so many here have. In my area, there is never any good stuff.
What are your plans for the interior? Will it be off grid?

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 17:13

wow.this is a beauitful cabin.lots of work there.good luck.heck! not bad at all for two women.it took me and my husband a summer of off and on to build ours.thanks for sharing.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 17:30

nice camp---looking forward to more pic's........... craigs list is awesome !!!!!!!!!!

Montanan
# Posted: 14 Jul 2011 10:04

Great progress! And yes, Craigslist is fabulous!! What kind of siding will you have?

hattie
# Posted: 15 Jul 2011 01:13

TWilliams: You are doing a fabulous job!! Keep the photos coming!!!

smitty
# Posted: 15 Jul 2011 09:01

Looking great!

TWilliams
# Posted: 17 Jan 2013 18:15

Here are some more recent pics of the cabin. We also have a brand new red tin roof on it. Thought it would be better to have a new roof rather than one Id have to fix the screw holes in.
siding.jpg
siding.jpg
cabin.JPG
cabin.JPG

Purplerules
# Posted: 18 Jan 2013 00:08

That is looking great, I see you have lots of helpers, should make it go faster. Keep us updated with your progress.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.