Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / we are headed to the cabin
cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 17:17

Hello everyone.the grandkids and daughter are still here living with us and its been a busy time here.Just wanted to get on and share our latest plans coming up.
we still have some things to work out.
like i think Gars right on something about our cabin.He wanted to take the door off.Its the front door now.I said agh no.well he is right for this reason...once we get the living room on-we will have the wood stove in there and a door is not needed going into the bedroom from the living room.so here is our plans.we are headed down there soon to work.i will bring back pictures.We are putting on the kitchen this time.i will be so happy to have a kitchen.it is hard to believe but i have seen some 30 degree nites still.

cabingal3
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 17:19

hmm.sorry for some reason i can not post pictures.ok.be back.hugs cabi3

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 17:25

Wondered where you guy had been. Have a safe trip.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 17:28

Quoting: cabingal3
i have seen some 30 degree nites still.

i would love to have a week or 2 of 30 degree nights!!!!!!!!

naturelover66
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 17:39

yeah...... i was wondering too. Cant wait to see pics of your new kitchen !!!
Have a fun trip !!!

hattie
# Posted: 13 Jul 2011 21:05

cabingal3 - Best of luck with everything! We're all waiting for some pictures. *S*

Montanan
# Posted: 14 Jul 2011 09:59

Have a good trip- looking forward to the photos. We still get down into the 30s F at night at our place in the summer, too. In fact, we ordered the wood stove this week for that reason.

cabingal3
# Posted: 21 Jul 2011 16:10

hi all.its me.
cabi3.i cannt sign in.i dont know if it is cause i changed my email to a new one.
i am sorry.we are headed to our woods right now to put on our kitchen.got all the lumber pre-cut.so just ready to get in the jeep and head out.the mister is taking a small power nap to make the long 5 hour drive.
Hattie.i am praying u wil get better.hugs cabi3

Anonymous
# Posted: 21 Jul 2011 16:11

oh.it worked! still have to sign in with each post.hugs cabi3

cabingal3
# Posted: 6 May 2012 21:25

well heading to the woods on memorial day weekend.a hic up.
the boys are not going.they are going with their dad to calf.
they are not going with us to the woods this time afterall.
so it will be me and the mister going.i will love it so.i am excited.
i think i may start packing now even.
lots easier with just me and the mister.i can work with him and not be just worried about what crazy things my little fellows are doing.

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 May 2012 21:32

cabingal......take any time you can get alone with your husband and run with it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Those boys will have other opportunities to go to the cabin in the future. Work hard and relax hard...only a few more weeks!!!!!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 6 May 2012 21:37

thanks trollbridge.dont u know it.i am so excited at this turn of events.i am a bit jealous of our cabin in the woods.i like me and the mister and i will share it with those who are worthy.ha ha ha.
and the little fellows are.
but i love when we wake up at midnite and turn on the heater and make a pot of coffee and read and talk.go out and look at the stars and then go back to sleep.its so fun.
so i am excited it will be just us.thanks trollbridge.when u heading to your place in the woods?

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 May 2012 22:04

cabi............I am hoping to get to go next weekend but with it being Mother's Day I'm not sure if we will be able to--------don't you think moms should have the final say??? I do!!! Especially since I had to stay back this weekend while my husband went. He didn't take the camera either so I am dying to see the work he got done.

I know what you mean about being a bit jealous of your cabin....that is your happy place and your not about to let anything ruin that!!!! LOL!!! I totally get that....I tend to be very protective of my stuff and LOVE my privacy and my space----I guess you could say I don't share very well. I don't like being surprised or popped in on and that feeling is totally magnified at the cabin-----just leave me be thank you very much and I'm happy as a clam or a bear in the woods!!!

cabingal3
# Posted: 6 May 2012 22:24

hey gal.why cannt u go ?is yur mom still alive?
hee hee.i am tired of sharing.and tired of always being the one to help everyone.i just want to move to the woods and call it a happy day.hee hee.yes.we are surely on the same page.i just like the woods,the nature,the silence,away from all the family stuff .and just to even get away from all the electronics and just sit and read a book,work on things about the place.go for walks about the property.
i am gluing berber floor mats to the kitchen floor this time.Hubby and i are putting shakes on the outside of the kitchen walls and some roofing.and burning...if we can.
so looking for ward to peace,calm,quiet with my mister.i hear ya gal.
i hope u get to go up to your cabin this coming weekend.

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 May 2012 22:45

LOL!! My Mom is still alive but she lives in Florida so that isn't the problem. I think we will go Friday after my grandkids are picked up and come back earlier than usual on Sunday.........that way if any of my kids are so inclined they can still have me to dinner or bring dinner to our place and clean up afterwards!!! LOL!!!

You will be busy with your projects-working on your cool kitchen. I would like to get the stones I've collected from the lake up on at least one side of our wall (the kitchen side) and finish trimming out our bedroom walls so they can get painted soon. We'll see....won't have as much time to work if we are coming back early on Sunday.

cabingal3
# Posted: 6 May 2012 23:17

trollbridge.how many children do u have?? that all sounds so good.my daughter is going thru h e double l and she is bringing us thru it with her.soo.i think my sons will call on mothers day.i wish u a lovely time whatever u do.oooh.i love that idea.stones on a wall and the kitchen wall not less.thats a wonderful idea.so pretty.love it.no stones at our woods.just floating rocks.pumice rocks.hee hee.they make good scrubbies for rough feet .
what color are u painting your bedroom walls.is your plan to move out there and live n retirement?
do u have fruits or fruit trees planted out at your place yet?
happy mothers day.

Rob_O
# Posted: 7 May 2012 00:16

the boys are not going.they are going with their dad to calf.
they are not going with us to the woods this time afterall.
so it will be me and the mister going.i will love it so.i am excited.

Sounds like a great weekend to put some adult time on the schedule. Have fun!

trollbridge
# Posted: 8 May 2012 10:20 - Edited by: trollbridge

Cabi......we have 9 children ranging in age from 81/2 to 28. The 5 oldest are out of the house and are strictly on their own. Three are married. Of the remaining 4 one is in college and has her own apartment in town but she is home a lot for visiting, helping or dinner and laundry. The other 3 are 18 (she will be a half hour away at college next year) and 15 and 81/2. We have the 3 grandchildren that I do daycare for so there is never a lack of people around.

Retirement will probably never come for us....if it does it is a long way off.........I would like to get some fruit trees planted but haven't yet. We do have wild blueberries and raspberries but the bear seem to get them all before we can! LOL!

Not sure what color I want to paint the bedroom walls yet. I need to make a decision soon though if I want to get it done don't I? Oh well....

Happy Mother's Day to you too! Hugs!

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 May 2012 05:03

Quoting: trollbridge
Cabi......we have 9 children ranging in age from 81/2 to 28

wow.sorry i missed this trollbridge.sure interesting.
u do have a housefull.i think it is wonderful so many are out of the house.my daughters venture n the world at almost 32 yrs old has been not to good.shes been busy in all the wrong ways.
she wants to go to our woods and stay a month with her boyfriend.notice she does not say her children.
she would not last a nite there and would be calling us the next day to come and get her.
yes.i agree about retirment but i think we will eventually get there.
did u decide what colors u wanted to paint yur walls?/ have a happy memorial day.

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 May 2012 05:06

ok...we are now offically headed to our cabin.the memorial day weekend is here.
we are almost packed up and very ready to get out of the city.
in july the mister said we would go and stay up at the cabin for a whole week.sure sounds good.
this time we are putting shakes on the outside wall s of our kitchen.i am putting down carpeting in the kitchen.
so we will have a good time of it.even going there-even the 5 hours it takes is exciting.we stop at the same places and have certain points where we may get a cup of coffee to go and get back on the road.its just fun.wishing all a happy memorial day weekend.

naturelover66
# Posted: 25 May 2012 08:12

have a safe and wonderful trip Cabi and Gary O !!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 May 2012 10:03

Enjoy your HAPPY PLACE!!!!! We are going too...can't wait to get out of here!

hattie
# Posted: 25 May 2012 13:52

Have fun you two. Bring back lots of pictures of your place!!!

ErinsMom
# Posted: 27 May 2012 14:21

Cabi,
You need this time away. Our stresses are preventing us from enjoying our lives. Deep breathe, relax, read, drink coffee and get that carpet down in the kitchen. Photos please.

cabingal3
# Posted: 17 Jul 2012 13:12

we are getting ready for the big trip to the woods.Gar built a jeep seat and placed it in the back of the jeep for our grandsons to be secure and legal.
we are getting ready.
last nite i told the 9 yr old.wheres your gun?wheres your green hat and water pouch u need for the woods?are u getting packed and ready to go.he gets excited.
we are going to play black opps in the woods.we are going to shoot my air rifles and let them try those out on empty soda pop cans.i got them some books to read on wild animals.
we are going to look all in the woods for antler sheds.
we are building too.i hope they will pitch in and give us a hand.
they are strong boys.9 and 12 yrs old.
we plan on having a rip roaring time.i cant wait for them to take a peek at our cabin as they have not seen it since they were like 8 and 5 when they almost set what there was of the cabin on fire.lol.
i cant wait to show them the stars.and for them to wake up and walk the meadow with me early in the morning.
we will have photos when we get back.

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Jul 2012 13:20

we plan on having a rip roaring time.i cant wait for them to take a peek at our cabin as they have not seen it since they were like 8 and 5 when they almost set what there was of the cabin on fire.lol

I hope you do have a great time WITHOUT the threat of the cabin going up in flames!!! Not good!

I hope the boys have a genuinely great time and want to go back real soon...and yes, hopefully they will pitch in and help too!

Have a great time and good luck with the beginnings of your addition. Let us know how it went when you get back...don't forget your camera! Play safe!

cabingal3
# Posted: 17 Jul 2012 15:30

thank u so much trollbridge.we are gonna have alot of fun!and work is fu too when we are working on the cabin!

trollbridge
# Posted: 17 Jul 2012 15:33

Yes, I agree....it is hard to even call it work when it has to do with the cabin...it's more like playtime!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.