Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Wood Rack
mrmiji
# Posted: 24 Sep 2011 15:56

I built this today with pipe that the previous owner left on my land. For a sense of scale, it's 12 feet long and the rail centers are 1 foot apart. The three posts will go into the ground with concrete and keep the wood above vermin level. I'm fatigued with the site of scorpions as I collect wood. The divider will allow me to separate seasoned from fresh cut.

I'll be installing it once I find a locomotive to haul it out there. The thing is beastly heavy.
DSC02287.JPG
DSC02287.JPG

brokeneck
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 13:21

Nice Rack !!!!

Todd Heyn
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 18:22

Quoting: brokeneck
Nice Rack !!!!

Thanks - I needed that laugh tonight!

mrmiji
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 19:08 - Edited by: mrmiji

Me too. My 26-year cancer survivor mother died today. It was her generosity that made this all possible.

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 19:19

Sorry for your loss - may your heart always be full of fond memories.

mrmiji
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 20:37 - Edited by: mrmiji

TB,

It is. Thanks.

She was very excited about our progress in Red Cedar removal and the survival of stocked fish. She enjoyed stories from our hunting adventures but mostly she loved to hear how the unusually high level of generosity (she'd purchased the land from my father's inheritance) had impacted my life.

We'll build the bunkhouse as a tribute to her as she always expressed her wish that we could spend more time out there.

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 21:32

Wow,it sounds like she got a lot of satisfaction out of knowing that you love the land you have. It reminds me of my mother-she is always asking for progress updates and genuinely enjoys hearing about our adventures "up north". She comes up about twice a year and loves it too.

Your bunkhouse will be a very nice tribute. Do you have siblings too? Is cancer what finally took your mother's life? It's a difficult time and we will keep you in our prayers. God bless.

mrmiji
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 22:21

Quoting: trollbridge
Is cancer what finally took your mother's life? It's a difficult time and we will keep you in our prayers. God bless.

Yes, she had 26 years after her first diagnosis. Thank you for your consideration. She worked as a nurse within 1/2 year of her passing. Farewell to the strongest, most honest women I've known. She literally saw the world and came back to tell about it.

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Oct 2011 22:30

Can tell you loved her a lot. Your very fortunate to have a mother like that.

hattie
# Posted: 4 Oct 2011 21:37

I'm so sorry for your loss mrmiji. You are building a lasting tribute to her that you can pass on to future generations so that her memory will live on.

Erins#1Mom
# Posted: 5 Oct 2011 18:46

mrmiji,
you will be in my thoughts and prayers.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.