Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Little Orleans, Maryland - New member
Cabingirl
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 15:17

First I want to thank Trollbridge, Old Old Buddy, and CabinBuilder for lending a hand. I finally got registered!!!! Talk about lurking, I could not stay away. This is an unbelieve site. I have learned some much from you guys. I will post as things move along. I have so much to say, I do not know where to start. I guess I will post what I hope my cabin will look like. It is a picture I someone elses cabin I saw on this site.

We have 8 acres, be in my family since 1954, my son and I doing the project together. Now let me see if I can load some pics.
Cabin of my Dreams
Cabin of my Dreams
Side View
Side View

PA_Bound
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 18:14

Welcome to the forum! I just purchased a cabin very similar to this for my property just across the PA border from you in, in southern Bedford County.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 19:15

welcome----nice size and style cabin you have picked out---good luck with your build

trollbridge
# Posted: 6 Dec 2011 21:19

Hey, yea- I'm glad you got it figured out!!!

It is going to be really fun watching you and your son build together. Post tons of pictures for us and welcome!

Is it a hard process to get your permit where you are? Hopefully you'll be approved soon!

Cabingirl
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 09:07

PA Bound

Where did you purchase your cabin? I am getting my from the American Amish Co in WV. I wish I could build my own, but I do not have the experience. My son will do the electrical work. We will also install the wood stove, and compost toilet.

Cabingirl
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 09:14

Tollbridge

I got the permit!!!!!!

Now I am waiting for spring to finish the road. I am having problems with a spring on the road.

Once I have the road done, I can have the Amish guys come on and build, but for now, I am stuck in the mud.

PA_Bound
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 09:43 - Edited by: PA_Bound

We bought our cabin shell from Shawnee Structures out of Bedford, PA (www.shawneestructures.com-they also operate in MD and WV). They built it at their facility in Bedford, then delivered it by trailer. Like you, we bought the shell and are planning to do the finish work ourselves. We are already having fun planning it out and, weather allowing, plan to go up next weekend and start building a couple interior walls and maybe install the remaining windows (we told the factory not to install them, 'cause we won't know where we where we want them until we layout the walls). Our cabin ins 14'x40', with a barn-style roof. Here's a picture (by the way, the picture isn't blurry- it was actually started snowing just after they delivered it in (how cool is that?) :
Asbury12_Cabin.jpg
Asbury12_Cabin.jpg

Cabingirl
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 10:16

Looks great PA!!!

I also looked at their cabins. I can not remember why I decided to go with AM Amish, but they came up from WV to meet with the guy that did my road.

They discussed what was needed to get my cabin on the property. It was determined that I needed to widen my road. I will be posting some before and afters of that work and just some pics showing the property.

Cabingirl aka CG

Cabingirl
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 10:47

Some pictures of the ongoing work to the road. I will post from start to finish on the road when it is finished. For now here is a few.

CG
before foundation
before foundation
after
after
road going up to foundation before
road going up to foundation before
after
after

hattie
# Posted: 10 Dec 2011 14:53

Those before and after photos of your road are very impressive!! It looks like you are off to a fine start. Can't wait to see more pictures as your dream progresses!!!

Cabingirl
# Posted: 12 Dec 2011 10:36

Thanks hattie

Stay tuned there is more to come.

Cabingirl
# Posted: 12 Dec 2011 10:47

Thanks Turkeyhunter!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.