Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Camp Trailer /Tent for Outback Australia
Laurence
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 16:55

Hi all, I Purchased land a year back and already the zoning had changed to "large Residential". This has limited what I can do on the 40+ acres of outback scrub. I get out there about every 2 months for at least a weekend. The property is some 3 hours drive and is in outback Queensland, Australia. There are no fences and the nearest neighbor is 1.4km away up the gravel road. I have a two dams one at each end of the property and plenty of tress. I recently finished a toilet/shower block and was contemplating sneaking in a small cabin that at the end of the day would probably be too small. So, I purchased a camping trailer/tent combo. Complete with battery and solar power, 75lt water tank,gas stove,2 x double bed etc.All that squeezes down into a 6x4 trailer.
I simply drive out and within 10 minutes have a camp set up twice the size of the cabin I was thinking of building (illegally) and don't have to worry about getting fined or looted.
Now I can go out, watch the Kangaroos, Wallaby, Emus, Lizards, Snakes,Hawks/Eagles, Birds, Echidnas from my comfy camp site and tow my cabin away when I leave. :-) feel free to have a look at my website and blog URL
ablutions block
ablutions block
roo 1
roo 1
trailer
trailer

ErinsMom
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 19:02

Welcome,
I have always wanted to visit. Await more photos. Look out, turkeyhunter will be asking about the various hunting seasons down under.

steveqvs
# Posted: 13 Jan 2012 20:46

Very cool!

cabingal3
# Posted: 14 Jan 2012 14:42

wow.what an adventure u are having.definately living the dream.will love to see and hear of your progress.

oldbuddy
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 07:50

Gooday mate! Sounds like a nice piece of property you have there "down under."

I always thought that a kangaroo and a wallaby were the same...just a different word. What is the difference?

Enjoy your times out there in the "outback!"

Old Old Buddy

Laurence
# Posted: 24 Jan 2012 17:20 - Edited by: Laurence

G'day, it is a wonderful property I love it.
Both are macropods, (large footed) But kangaroo is a much bigger and can get well over 6 foot. A wallaby is much smaller and is found basically everywhere including the rain forest and dense bush..
Roos like more open areas, including gold courses(they love em) They are two different species. sort of like an elk and a deer maybe??
My Website -> URL

Anonymous
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 20:29

Laurence

Laurence
# Posted: 25 Jan 2012 20:31 - Edited by: Laurence

umm GOLF courses not gold..lol

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.