Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Shooting bench installed
mrmiji
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 19:39

Sank this into the ground today. 100 yards ahead, you'll see some black steel with a couple short segments of sucker rod welded to them to hang a sheet of plywood with targets attached. I'm a happy boy.
DSC02333.jpg
DSC02333.jpg

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 19:58

nice set up. will you use sand bags or a lead shed on the bench??? i have a 100 range at my camp--mine is set up in a food plot,. I use it off season.

nice feeder BTW as well.......;-)

mrmiji
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 20:07 - Edited by: mrmiji

Much of my ranch is sand so....

The portable feeder is getting parted out; the other one will be moved forward. This side of the ranch is viable only during bow/blackpowder. After that, it's better to be on the east side of the ranch. The rust colored barrel is monster-tough and is assembled from re-purposed steel left by the PO which makes me quite happy.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 20:29

Quoting: mrmiji
The rust colored barrel is monster-tough and is assembled from re-purposed steel left by the PO which makes me quite happy.

nice does it have a fence around it to keep the hogs off the feed????

mrmiji
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 20:54 - Edited by: mrmiji

No hogs at my place...but there is a fence on the perimeter to keep cattle out. I bought a JD 3720, a ranch rake (grapple), a tree shear and a mower last week. I've broken enough bones making the place right but this year it'll come around.

We're looking to start a peach orchard. The deer hunting will just be another bonus.

For you...This year, a nice turkey spent 3 hours in front of the blind but I didn't have the correct firearm to dispatch him. That will never happen again.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 21:10

For you...This year, a nice turkey spent 3 hours in front of the blind but I didn't have the correct firearm to dispatch him. That will never happen again.

do you have rio's on your ranch????

neb
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 21:26

mrmiji

Nice bench you biult. I don't shoot much anymore but did take the gun this fall after a very tough bow hunting season for me. I just try to bow hunt anymore.

How big of spread do you have there?

Anonymous
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 21:45

80-ish acre. Don't know what a rio is.

My place is a tremendous defuser plug for life. My wife thinks it's the prettiest piece of land she's ever seen in OK and I really can't disagree. This area is quite successful prior to the rut.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 22 Jan 2012 21:59

http://www.forestry.ok.gov/Websites/forestry/Images/Turkey%20Mgmt%20in%20OK,%20OSU.pd f

i did not know if you had eastern or rio's turkeys---on your place. the linc above tells about OK turkeys and mangement of them.

mrmiji
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 19:36

We do have some turkeys and I'm working to improve habitat for them...eradicating cedars near black willow and cottonwood.

I built about half of this from leftovers from the shooting bench.
DSC02335.JPG
DSC02335.JPG

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 29 Jan 2012 21:05 - Edited by: turkeyhunter

do have some turkeys and I'm working to improve habitat for them

me too--i mow roads/ fields and plant food plots for them & planted saw tooth oak trees, and leave their nesting area's undisturbed.

BTW--nice job on the bench!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.