Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Our Northern Ontario Camp
gerryg
# Posted: 7 Feb 2012 14:06

Hi,

this is my first post and like many a long time lurker. I've learned a lot here and wanted to post a short video of our adventures and progress to date. I bought 2 acres and went with an 8x12 bunkie plus porch and have started on a 16x20 cabin with loft and 6x 20 porch...off grid, unorganized township... no schedule, just as available cash allows.

Thanks to all who have helped me get this far. gerry and chelsea

URL

Montanagirl
# Posted: 7 Feb 2012 15:31

GREAT video and LOVE the wooden boat w/a Johnson motor!

customrunner
# Posted: 7 Feb 2012 18:49

Welcome and yes great vid..

oldbuddy
# Posted: 8 Feb 2012 19:18

I really enjoyed your video and kind of got a hint that you think the world of your dog. He/she is beautiful and very photogenic! I, also liked the natural wood canoe. I assume that you built it yourself. You're part of a very small group of people that could build a boat like that. I'm sure you are very proud of her!

Old Old Buddy

gerryg
# Posted: 9 Feb 2012 10:56 - Edited by: gerryg

thanks folks...we sure love our bunkie and the time we spend up in Almaguin country.

and i must admit the video is actually posted in youtube's pet section explaining the dog influence but i thought the bunkie and cabin shots would be of interest...still i refer to the dog as my 3rd wife ;)

the canoe and the boat were buit by Giesler Bros in Powassan Ontario, a family business who have been building them using traditional methods for 80 years. They supply mainly fishing lodges and families in Ontario and northern US areas such as the Boundary Waters.

A 10x 10 outhouse/shower is next and we're hoping to make some progress this summer on the cabin. thanks again, gerry

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.