Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New member - starting my cabin this week!
superbeagle
# Posted: 16 Apr 2012 01:15

Hey all, Ive been reading these forums for ideas and i decided to sign up in case i ever need advice from some cabin veterans. I live in southwestern wisconsin and will be building a 12x12 cabin on some family land. It is at the top of a hill and overlooks a very remote valley, Im very excited, its going to be beautiful. My grandpa is helping me and im starting to think he is even more excited than i am haha. gives an old retiree something fun to think about. Im going to be building on dek blocks and im also going to try and use clever design inside to maximize space. I will be building a murphy bed and some murphy type tables/benches.
eventually ill be adding solar i think, i will only be up there on the weekends so i think a small panel and a couple batteries should do me fine. just need to power a radio and maybe a light if i dont feel like using candles/light from my woodstove.
Ill post some pictures as i go along, and probably ask advice as i run into challenges. Just wanted to say hello and thanks for everyone who has posted on here, ive read many of the posts and have learned alot and gotten many ideas!

hattie
# Posted: 16 Apr 2012 01:21

Welcome to the forum superbeagle. What a great project to have with your grandpa!!! Can't wait to see the photos as you progress with your build.

trollbridge
# Posted: 16 Apr 2012 07:52 - Edited by: trollbridge

Yes welcome superbeagle!!!!! You are about to have a blast!! Can't wait to see your place progress and like Hattie said...it is so cool you're building it with your grandpa! You are going to make so many memories together! Oh and one more thing...................YAY WISCONSIN!!!!!!

brokeneck
# Posted: 16 Apr 2012 23:52

Welcome post some pics--

Montanan
# Posted: 17 Apr 2012 12:46

Welcome! Looking forward to seeing some photos and reading about your progress.

superbeagle
# Posted: 19 Apr 2012 10:37

starting a new thread in the members projects section with photos now

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 Jun 2012 23:06

Been awhile...any updates?

superbeagle
# Posted: 13 Jun 2012 14:44

thanks for reminding me. i have lots of photos but i only upload like 3 or so at a time. i just posted some new pics in my cabin thread "12x12 cabin in wisconsin"
http://www.small-cabin.com/forum/6_2069_0.html

neb
# Posted: 13 Jun 2012 20:06

awesome keep us informed.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.