Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / aluminum cabin
rdynes01
# Posted: 10 May 2012 23:14

Now my significant other(wife) and I want our own getaway so we went to the county toget permits to build a cabin out of some of the beetlekill lodgepole we have but wasn't prepared for the BS I had to go thru.I had to get written permission to use a USFS road to the cabin(they don'tdo that)contact FAA about restrictions because I'm at 7800 ft.Install 8-10K septic because outhouse is too rustic.because theproperty is Ag zoned there is a limit to how many buildings can be on a 600 acre ranch. Hence the title of this post.we're putting an Airstream on it and will post progress photos an updates and hopefully show how to cabinize the trailer!

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 11 May 2012 07:11

here is another good example of NOT asking permission to build something on YOUR own property-----sorry for your trouble....
600 acres---i would get where they could not see it from the road---and build a barn--that you turn into a cabin later most inspectors only go out if called by your neighbor's etc.----

sparky1
# Posted: 11 May 2012 09:35

I wish you all the Very Best-
surprised they will know what a "Airstream" is?

trollbridge
# Posted: 11 May 2012 11:31

rdynes01......yes so sorry for your trouble! Good grief! It is so aggravating isn't it? One character trait I think all us small-cabin folks have is determination! One way or another we don't give up and we figure out a way to make our get-away's a reality! Whether it is fighting through the permit process or pitching a tent we find a way to not give up on our dreams!

Best of luck to you------now bring on the airstream!!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.