Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New Cabin about done
pfireproof
# Posted: 24 May 2012 13:00

After a year of planning, things are coming together.

sparky1
# Posted: 24 May 2012 13:11

WOW !!!
awesome looking
thanks for the pictures.
sparky1 in s.Va.

VTweekender
# Posted: 24 May 2012 16:45

just gorgeous! congrats!!

MJW
# Posted: 24 May 2012 17:31

Now THAT is a firepit!

Congrats on your accomplishment!

We can't wait to get started on ours.

Tell us more about it!

ErinsMom
# Posted: 24 May 2012 18:43

I agree with MJW. I would like to know more about your build. More photos too.

pfireproof
# Posted: 24 May 2012 19:38

This is a 16 X 24. 8ft deep porch. T&G on the in side and out fully insulated.I will have a wood burner for heat. It is wired but for now I will be running led lights only because I only have one 80 watt solar panel. In the back I will have a rain barrel feeding to a sink inside. A range top stove running on propane. We had to first get a bridge over a creek, and we found a guy selling a tractor trailer that we decked with 3" thick oak. The bull dozer running on it didn't even make it flex. We have this cabin in Logan Ohio on 33 acres that we hunt on. I'll try to get more pictures soon.

doo-drew
# Posted: 24 May 2012 20:57

That's about the size were looking to do. Love it? Did you do the shell or have it done? If you don't mind, are you willing to share some figures $? more pix please!

MJW
# Posted: 24 May 2012 21:15

Heck yeah!

I love getting details on projects similar to the one we want to do.

We are wanting to do a 20 x 30 or there bouts, totally off grid. Looking for somewhere between 5 and 10 acres to do it on.

The place is a beaut.

Details, details, details, please!

naturelover66
# Posted: 24 May 2012 21:28

Beautiful!! I love it..job well done!!

hattie
# Posted: 25 May 2012 00:45

I LOVE it!!! Would love to see more inside photos.

TomChum
# Posted: 25 May 2012 01:16 - Edited by: TomChum

Quoting: pfireproof
We had to first get a bridge over a creek, and we found a guy selling a tractor trailer that we decked with 3" thick oak. The bull dozer running on it didn't even make it flex.

Is that the bridge behind the firepit?

bridge and firepit

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 May 2012 04:50

thats very wonderful.u did a dog gone good job.

pfireproof
# Posted: 25 May 2012 06:51

Yes, that is the bridge.
I had the shell built. Full loft and a 8' deep covered porch added, metal roof. I purchased the windows but he put the headers in and installed the windows. I wanted the 2"X10" skids tied to 4" X 4" post cemented into the ground and had him insulate the floor. I upgraded to the T&G pine siding which we stained the day after that picture. The cost for the shell was $15K.

pfireproof
# Posted: 25 May 2012 06:54

My son is a carpenter and took a week off his job to finish the inside. He brought one of the helpers with him and they are kickin it out. 90% of the inside will be done in a span of 5 days. We picked up the hickory kitchen cabinets yesterday.

oldbuddy
# Posted: 25 May 2012 22:43

Nice lookin cabin! I also would like to see more interior/exterior photos. What will you treat the outside with to hold up to the elements? It's rare that you see untreated pine on the exterior but it is absolutely beautiful. Nice to talk to a fellow Ohioan.

I'll keep an eye on your posts...don't forget.....more photos please.

Old Old Buddy

VC_fan
# Posted: 26 May 2012 08:56

It looks very nice. Just curious - this looks very much like one I'd seen from Weaver barns. Did you custom build it? I'm another fellow Ohioan - our shack is probably 15 miles south of you.

pfireproof
# Posted: 27 May 2012 19:17

No, it isn't a Weaver. It's a backyard builders. I did change some of the plans however. I wanted the metal roof, T&G siding I purchased the windows and they installed them. I also wanted the floor joyces lagged to 4X4 concreted in the ground. The interior will be T&G with hickory kitchen cabinets. The entryway, bathroom and the floor in front of the kitchen cabinets will be hickory hardwood flooring. The rest of the cabin will have carpet. A cedar log couch and bed with a couple Amish rockers should finish it off. Oh yeah, the buck I shot last year on that property should be done soon and that is going on the wall. I was there yesterday and have a picture of the outside stained that I will post soon.

pfireproof
# Posted: 28 May 2012 13:39

May 26

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.