Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Cabin made from old granary. Photos
Geno
# Posted: 8 Aug 2009 03:30

New to forum and I have to say this is a wonderful site. We took a 12x28 granary and converted it into a cabin. The granary had 2x6 walls,tongue and groove floor, and 3/4 inch plywood on the walls. I purchased the building for $500 and paid a local rancher $500 to move the granary to the lake with his stack mover. I opened up the first 5' to create a covered porch because I thought I would never put a deck on the cabin,my wife and the neighbor tryed to talk me out of this, but I insisted on doing it anyway. Since that time I built a 12'x16' deck on and boy do I wish I had that 5' back for a larger inside. Oh-well. I built a combination living and kitchen area in the front and a bedroom in the back with lofts above both areas. We use a spiffy biff for the bathroom and I put a shed behind with the shower and water heater in it. I will post some pictures now with more to follow. Thanks
Genes_Pics_027.jpg
Genes_Pics_027.jpg
Genes_Pics_008.jpg
Genes_Pics_008.jpg
Genes_Pics_074.jpg
Genes_Pics_074.jpg
Genes_Pics_076.jpg
Genes_Pics_076.jpg

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 9 Aug 2009 13:49 - Edited by: CabinBuilder

More pictures from Geno's cabin project (just linking two posts).

elkdiebymybow
# Posted: 7 Jan 2010 23:08

Nice Job!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.