Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New Member
spencerin
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 00:21

New member here.

I bought a SMALL cabin - 13 1/3' x 9 1/3' - 5 months ago and am happy I did! This is my first time buying one, so I deliberately started small, but I couldn't really convince myself to spend more money for something I planned to use only 1-2 times per month. I'll try to get some pics up soon (nothing special), but did some work to it I'm proud of regardless of the scale or scope.

I wanted to join the "family" here and ask questions, get ideas, or offer advice (pros and cons) when I can. I (alone) installed a solar system for <$700 total and it works well (runs a tv, dvd player, small refrigerator, vacuum cleaner, lights, radio), so if anybody has any questions on solar power, I can probably help.

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 06:08

hello dear new member.we are surely happy to have another cabiner.yay.
well we are interested in solar power but still in the building mode on our cabin.we will be sure to enlist in your knowledge a bit down the road.
will love to see your cabin.
cant wait.
welcome!

sparky1
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 07:21

welcome spencerin;
so glad to have new members.
I'm working on my solar as well .built my Battery rack yesterday.
take care.
sparky1. s.va.

Gypsy
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 10:39

Hi!

We were just talking about how we want to start thinking about what kind of solar power we'll need for our cabin- good to know we have another person's expertise!

Gypsy

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 10:54

Welcome, you'll like it here. There's some good people here already.
I sometimes use the 2000 watt Honda gen. Sawing and vacuuming otherwise I hook clamps on my truck batt for convenience lighting and gad forbid a TV. It never has gone down enough to need a recharge, but with the gen. it could be done. We have a lot of lp lights and stove too.

Owen

hattie
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 12:18

Welcome to the forum. Can't wait to see your pictures when you get them posted.

trollbridge
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 15:11 - Edited by: trollbridge

Quoting: spencerin
I'll try to get some pics up soon (nothing special), but did some work to it I'm proud of regardless of the scale or scope.

YAY!!! Doesn't matter the size or scope- point is you are proud and we want to see your pics!!!! Everybody here is proud of their special place and we all enjoy sharing with one another. So fun to learn what others have done and get help and advice when needed!

So a warm welcome to you! Keep enjoying your time away at your cabin

neb
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 23:17

Welcome aboard!!!

spencerin
# Posted: 25 Jul 2012 23:40

Awesome. I'll get some pictures this weekend and post them.

spencerin
# Posted: 13 Aug 2012 19:02

Finally!
side
side
front
front
lake
lake
solar panel
solar panel

trollbridge
# Posted: 13 Aug 2012 20:59

Nice cabin with a beautiful setting too. I like your screen door and your porch swing. So fun having a cabin to escape to isn't it?

Montanagirl
# Posted: 24 Aug 2012 00:04

Oh, my gosh, how CUTE is THAT??? A slice of heaven I would say!!!
(I also say, "It's like a woman's purse, the bigger the bag the more crap you haul around. . . keep it small . . keep it simple!)

Montanagirl
# Posted: 24 Aug 2012 00:06

where are you located?

jbtuggers
# Posted: 25 Aug 2012 06:45

What kind of solar system do you have for 700.00 dollars.

hattie
# Posted: 25 Aug 2012 12:37

Oh that is sooooooooo cute. Beautiful scenery around it too! Looks like a winner to me!!!! Keep the photos coming. Do you have any of the inside?

spencerin
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 00:49 - Edited by: spencerin

Well, apparently I didn't flag my posts to notify me when someone responded. Oops. So, I'll answer your questions in order.

1. Mid-west central IN.
2. My solar system consists of a 90W Grape Solar solar panel from Home Depot, a 10A SunForce charge controller from amazon.com, a 1500W Cobra inverter and connector cables from amazon.com, 2 lines of 50' MC4 connector solar cable (can't remember right now from whom I purchased them other than through amazon.com), and 3 110Ah marine batteries from Walmart.
3. Photos of the interior should be attached.
interior_1.JPG
interior_1.JPG
interior_2.JPG
interior_2.JPG

naturelover66
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 07:57

Love your cabin....... welcome to the forum !!
Lisa

spencerin
# Posted: 24 Nov 2012 12:02

Thanks! I know I had mentioned earlier I had done some work to it. Pretty much everything besides build it I've done to it. And let me tell you, that's been a lot more than you'd think!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.