Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Western Wisconsin cabin in progress
Mister Breeze
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 20:17

Hello,
Like others I've been following this forum for over a year as I formulated my own plans. The site has been a useful source of informative. Now that I nearly have our cabin closed in and dry I thought I'd post some of my progress pictures.

Thanks for looking,
Mister Breeze
Drive way looking out
Drive way looking out
Cabin piers
Cabin piers
Decking nearly done
Decking nearly done
Walls going up
Walls going up

Mister Breeze
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 20:24

Hello,
Here's a few more pictures. I'm actually farther along than the pictures indicate. I have all the windows in and a sliding door. Just need to put entry door in then I can start on the eaves.

Thanks for looking,
Mister Breeze
Trusses in place
Trusses in place
Roof decking going on.
Roof decking going on.

hattie
# Posted: 30 Aug 2012 21:02

Nice work. Congratulations! Keep the photos coming. *S*

trollbridge
# Posted: 31 Aug 2012 12:35

Hey, wow, welcome Mr. Breeze!!!
The Wisconsinites are coming out of the woodwork it seems

Where approximately. in Western Wi if you don't mind saying?

Your cabin is wonderful looking. I will enjoy hearing more and seeing more pics along the way. It is a great feeling to be almost closed in huh?

Have a great loooong weekend!

Mister Breeze
# Posted: 31 Aug 2012 21:39

Hello,
I'm located in western Jackson county. The cabin picture was taken today. All I have left is the entry door to install then I can move on to working on the eaves. The other picture was taken from my brothers airplane last winter. My site is the white spot in the lower left hand corner.

Thanks for looking,
Mister Breeze
Windows and sliding door in.
Windows and sliding door in.
Aerial photo
Aerial photo

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 1 Sep 2012 15:35

Looks like you are 1.5 hrs west of me! Looking good...Love the view!

Mister Breeze
# Posted: 21 Oct 2012 16:16

Hello,
Thought I'd post an update. I finally got my cabin closed in to keep the animals out. Also finished the hand rail and steps to the deck.

Thanks for looking,
Mister Breeze
Cabin_deck_hand_rail.jpg
Cabin_deck_hand_rail.jpg
Cabin_deck_hand_rail.jpg
Cabin_deck_hand_rail.jpg

old buddy
# Posted: 26 Oct 2012 09:36

I like your cabin. It appears that you have a really nice view. Will you be getting a lot of snow typically in that part of Wisconsin? What are you planning on covering the outside with? Ours is 3/4" treated plywood for now and I think we're just going to stain it and put batten strips on it for the "cabin-look."

Good job and keep us updated!

Old Old Buddy

wakeslayer
# Posted: 26 Oct 2012 10:06

That looks great. Nice job!!

Bevis
# Posted: 26 Oct 2012 18:11

Nice looking place so far.

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Oct 2012 20:32

Yay...that means you're all ready for winter, right???!

sidevalve45
# Posted: 26 Oct 2012 22:17

Not much of a view. It's sits on a small hillside in the woods but barely visible from the road if you look in the right spot. It is very quiet though which I like. Probably not more than a dozen cars go by on a week day. I was thinking rough sawn board and batten strips with a light clear stain.

Mister Breeze
# Posted: 27 Oct 2012 16:09

Oops! Forgot I had another login and password. I use the same handle on another forum.

Mister Breeze aka Sidevalve45

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.