Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Overflow sleeping area
TomChum
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 11:36 - Edited by: TomChum

Our property 'came' with a hunting trailer on it. The kids were exploring one day and they SPOKE: They said "O...M...G... CLUBHOUSE!"

I thought (aside from the pink-and-purple painting proposal) "O...M...G...Good idea!" I can tow it up next to the cabin when we need extra space, then tow it back into the weeds to hide it. We went with a more specialized camoflage called "ponderosa"..

I'll find a hiding place on the property that's a pleasant campsite in its own right, that I can easily move the trailer to & from the cabin. My cabin is so small (12x16) I've been tempted to build a guest cabin but this takes the heat off somewhat, I may even watch for another camper! This camper is 52 years old (1960 model) of course I couldn't have anything newer....
Before
Before
Crew
Crew
After
After

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 18:08

I know you mentioned it. Here's what I did, I rebuilt my screenhhouse into a little 12x12 guest house.
It has a little lp heater from a camper, a queen size bed and a small sofa bed, a closet, and corner table and chair. It has a solar powered light, but in winter we use a lp lantern.

Owen
guest cabin
guest cabin

larry
# Posted: 4 Sep 2012 22:05

the after looks so much better. great job crew.

wakeslayer
# Posted: 5 Sep 2012 18:05

O.M.G. CLUBHOUSE !!! Ha ha ha ha ha

Great guest cabin / clubhouse Tom!! Love the ponderosa camo job.

Kids will love it. And you can save a ton of dough. Think how big the 12x16 will be with only two of you in it!!

M

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.