Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / "The Realm of the Eighty"
nosirrah
# Posted: 15 Nov 2009 01:07

hello from nosirrah. I have my off-grid cabin and thought I posted some photos. I will try again. Maybe it takes a while to post.
cabin
cabin
inside at night
inside at night
some friends
some friends

nosirrah_
# Posted: 15 Nov 2009 14:09

Yeah, It worked! The "Realm" as i call it is located in the Northern Wisconsin Woods on our family property. We have a small half acre pond and approximately four miles of walking trails. The "Camp" cabin project is on-going and every time I am there, I make changes.

Obviously, my cabin started out as an old travel trailer. It has been completely rebuilt and in the spring I plan on all new exterior siding and increased insulation, and a solid shingled roof. I heat with propane. That being expensive will be converting to wood heat. I have excellent plans for converting a 20# propane cylinder to an efficient, small heater. More pics to follow. Thanks for looking.

RickandRandy
# Posted: 16 Nov 2009 15:41

really cute! love the porch and little flower boxes.

nosirrah
# Posted: 17 Nov 2009 21:53

Thank You

nosirrah
# Posted: 17 Nov 2009 21:55

Check out my blog at http://www.nosirrahrick.blogspot.com

wildwood
# Posted: 1 Aug 2010 15:43

I checked out the blog and love the new look of the place. The new siding and roof make it look like a new place.

Anonymous
# Posted: 1 Aug 2010 17:07

I checked out your blog and i love what you did with your little trailor. That little cabin is beautiful. If you have any other interior pictures of your kitchen set up i would love to see them. Great job!

Gary O
# Posted: 20 May 2011 23:02 - Edited by: Gary O

Nosirrah, you probably no longer look in on this forum, but if per chance (since I see by your blog, that you're still about), I just want to bring this thread to the top so others, especially those that think they don't have enough funds, can see what cabin art really is........warm, engaging, beckoning, yet so modest.

The natural, blended with aged unnatural, so they seem as though they evolved in concert, painted with quiet tones, calm the spirit.
One immediately loses tensions.
Brows unfurrow.
Once thought priorities fall into proper alignment.

Seeing places like this should buoy the spirits of anyone that think they are too low on cash to enjoy a bit of their own remote peace.

You are an artist, and maybe don't even realize it.

Thank you.

Anonymous
# Posted: 21 May 2011 14:55

Gary, Thank you for the kind words. Art of many genres is in my blood. It is pleasing to see so many appreciate what one can do with very little. My project is on going and each season adds a little, yet...less to the Realm. Thanks again.

Gary O
# Posted: 21 May 2011 18:18 - Edited by: Gary O

Quoting: Anonymous
Art of many genres is in my blood

Yeah, it sure shows in your work, man.
It has pushed me past fulcrum of a 'to be or not to be' decision in regard to a tear down of a hovel that's on the land we recently purchased, adjacent to our camp property .
Maybe utter laziness in not wanting to expend energy in salvaging questionable materials plays a roll, but yours and a couple others move me towards an adventure of which I'm quite unfamiliar.
I'm going to make something out of this, but just not sure yet....
There's an overgrown camp trailer (circa '50s-'60s) behind the red hovel...it all may be too far gone.....
red hovel
red hovel

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.