Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Cabin at Lake Eufaula Okla.
redlandfd
# Posted: 1 Jan 2013 15:25

After a series of delays, for a variety of reasons, the lake cabin project has started again. This time I have recruited some hired help to assist with the work
North side
North side
SE corner
SE corner
NW corner
NW corner
From the porch
From the porch

oldbuddy
# Posted: 3 Jan 2013 06:43

Welcome to the forum

What are the thickness of your walls? How big will it be? I know this isn't the best weather to be building in.....but at least you got a start!
When we built ours, all we got done (right before winter hit) was the 6X6's and 4X4's in the ground with a top wrap and bottom wrap and bolted the whole thing together to keep all the timber from twisting and warping. Then it set for five months because we couldn't get to it due to the road and weather.

Good luck! I'll be following your progress. Have a great new year.

Old Old Buddy

redlandfd
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 19:38

Thanks! The wall logs are 4"x 8" there's four of us working on it and this part is going fast. The roof is next, going to add a loft and hire a carpenter to do the rafters and roof decking. I'll do the metal, the staining and the chinking. That will go slower because it will basically be just me doing it. The weather's been pretty good, some days in the 60's most are in the 40's, no real rain, some snow, but we worked on through it. I'm on a good road, so hopefully the work will keep on.

redlandfd
# Posted: 6 Jan 2013 19:51

Some more photos 2013
Jan 5
Jan 5
Jan 6
Jan 6

redlandfd
# Posted: 16 Apr 2013 14:26

Hello all. A little more progress. Had a really good carpenter do the roof and fix some mistakes with the logs, so now its on to the inside work

redlandfd
# Posted: 16 Apr 2013 14:28

Here are the photos since Jan 2013
Walls Stained
Walls Stained
Roof Framed
Roof Framed
Upstairs
Upstairs
In the Dry
In the Dry

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.