Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Picked the spot for my cabin.
trumbull archer
# Posted: 31 Mar 2013 17:26

Spent yesterday at my property locating the spot for my cabin.
I chose a Southern facing ridge top. The cabin will be a 24x16 Adirondack cabin. The spot I chose is a bit difficult to get to, but certainly not impossible. Also clearing the land will not be to difficult as there are no really large trees to be removed.
cabin_160.JPG
cabin_160.JPG

rayyy
# Posted: 31 Mar 2013 17:50

Good idea,avoiding those big trees around your cabin,especially up wind!

trollbridge
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 10:04

Congratulations! It looks like a gorgeous spot! A little hard to get to will be a good thing when will you get started?

Make sure to post lots of pictures...it will be fun watching your cabin come together! Oh, and welcome!

MJW
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 10:31

Beautiful spot.

Looking forward to your construction diary.

Take lots of pictures.......

hattie
# Posted: 1 Apr 2013 22:44

Oh very pretty spot!!! Can't wait to see the photos as you progress!!!

trumbull archer
# Posted: 2 Apr 2013 13:43

Gonna start this week end clearing the spot. Have had "cabin fever" all winter, just waiting for the weather to break.
And thx for the welcome.

trollbridge
# Posted: 3 Apr 2013 16:38

Hope you have great weather this weekend! I remember how satisfying it was when we were finally able to get started...feels so good! Have fun!

old old buddy
# Posted: 4 Apr 2013 06:16

trumbull archer
Congratulations Now........let the fun begin. Your first photo reminded a lot of the very first photo on our link. It looked very similar, except for the highwall in front of the cabin.

I wish you all the luck in the world. I haven't been to the cabin for two weeks and I am missing it terribly! Old Buddy and I will definitely be going up this week-end.

Have fun

Old Old Buddy

trumbull archer
# Posted: 6 Apr 2013 10:53 - Edited by: trumbull archer

Old Buddy, I think we are very close together. I'm in Jefferson Co. also. I'm about 10 miles from the river near Bergholz.
The wife and I will be down Sunday to start clearing.

old old buddy
# Posted: 7 Apr 2013 21:49

trumbull archer
Do you live in Trumbull County? We use to live in Newton Falls and believe it or not....we moved out of our house about two hours before the tornado hit in 1985. I thought maybe your "handle" had something to do with Trumbull County. Anyway....if you look at our first page, the photos look very similar to yours. Good luck with the project.

Old Old Buddy

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.