Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Simple life cabin in Ellijay GA
Bigguy
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 22:06

Love the site and wanted to share my project with you guys.
Last year I purchased 16 acres in Ellijay Georgia to return back to the simple life.
There is already a cabin on the property but it is in bad shape.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bigguy
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 22:11 - Edited by: Bigguy

August 2012
Cleared new spot for new cabin. And planted grass
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

Bigguy
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 22:30

So far my cost has been $350 on a big dumpster and $1500 on an having a bobcat guy do some work. This included mulching some trees.

old old buddy
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 22:49

Welcome to the forum. We'll be watching your progress. Are you building another log cabin?

Good luck!

Old Old Buddy

Bigguy
# Posted: 12 Apr 2013 22:56 - Edited by: Bigguy

I wish I could build a log cabin but I'm doing every thing alone.
Would break my back in the first weekend but I'm considering buying a tractor to help me if needed plus I could use it on the property for other projects.

Kudzu
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 07:37

Do you have plans for the existing cabin? Looks to good to tear down, barn maybe?

shooter mcgavin
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 15:27

Tell me you are not tearing that cabin down!
It's yours but I would think outside the box and rehab it.

Bigguy
# Posted: 13 Apr 2013 23:43 - Edited by: Bigguy

The cabin is in really bad shape. The roof is leaking and several support beams are infested by termites. The amount of time and money it would take to redo the old cabin is going to be way to expensive. I will post some pictures tomorrow so you could see what I mean. But I will try to reclaim as much material as possible.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.