Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / First Posts from long time viewer "PIC"
Cedar Trip
# Posted: 12 Jan 2010 01:41

Our Summer project!
Cabin
Cabin

dk1393
# Posted: 12 Jan 2010 14:13

Looks good. What is the size of the cabin?

dk1393
# Posted: 12 Jan 2010 14:15

Sorry, I noticed the size listed after the fact.

Cedar Trip
# Posted: 12 Jan 2010 19:00

Its 200 sq ft. Max size I could go.

Moontreeranch
# Posted: 12 Jan 2010 21:12

Going to need some sunglasses standing next to that...I was getting shined out just for our roof with is made with the same stuff.

where are you located?

Cedar Trip
# Posted: 12 Jan 2010 22:49 - Edited by: Cedar Trip

YES you Guys it might seem bright... but It has really turned out great and maybe one day we will paint it camo, We do joke about that. But No its not that bright and it wont attract lighting either, which I did alot af research on :) . I would do it again, but next time I would invest in a bigger box of BandAids. We figure there wont be much maitenance either and it seems to work out great in the winter and summer. Im still shocked of how cool it keeps in the Hot summer. The smaller windows were a decision we made to make it a bit more secure from break-ins. It will be our sleeping quarters etc. Our other cabin a few feet away will be our kitchen and gathering area, this one has all the windows.

breeze
# Posted: 8 Oct 2010 02:47

How about some more pics inside and out? You are on the right track. No permits.

breeze
# Posted: 8 Oct 2010 02:48

How about some more pics inside and out. You are on the right track. No permits.

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 13 Oct 2010 22:06

Did you have to permit it? You mention sleeping in it. I know if you are going to be in it or if it has a bedroom, the bedroom window must be large enough to climb out of and the bottom of the window cant be higher than 36" from the floor.

Cool in the summer makes sense, I bet it reflects all the heat away. Perfect for the hotter environment. It looks like desert area?

Bandaids, thats funny. I assume from all the tin cuts. :D

Cedar Trip
# Posted: 16 Oct 2010 11:49

No bedroom just a loft and Tin doesn't burn that easy.
Under 200sq feet so no permit req.
Window Dementions/height? not really a consern.

nathanprincipe
# Posted: 20 Jan 2011 18:34

Cedar Trip, I would like to ask you about the roofing and siding material you used, what gauge is it? and how did you install it? (what type fasteners did you use, etc.) and have you had any problems with leaks or condensation building under the metal? I am considering installing a roof on my cabin very similar to yours. Thx in advance!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.