Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Kansas 12x28
bukhntr
# Posted: 27 May 2013 02:02 - Edited by: bukhntr

drywall and insulation done, ready for t&G ceiling when time allows. I hope it is a one day job, about 350 sqft. Everything seems to take longer than we think. I am enjoying the cabin both finishing it and using it, but am I alone sometimes thinking what the HE** have I got myself into. We live a couple of hours away, finding time to work on it has proven rough but when we hit milestones like this it feels good and thank goodness for the abundance rain, after two years of drought but I have developed a mud hole to beat all we have stuck one 4wd already. I guess it keeps thieves away Now I have a culvert project when it dries. Never had water that bad before there. seems one of the springs that feeds the pond has pushed water higher up the hill than since we purchased the property. I am sure we have many more suprises coming
033.JPG
033.JPG
032.JPG
032.JPG
031.JPG
031.JPG

Purplerules
# Posted: 27 May 2013 09:07 - Edited by: Purplerules

I love your cabin it looks so cozy! We are using ours while we finish off the inside too. Little harder that way, but I wanted to start using it right away. And Yes projects seem to take longer than original thought but I never think what in the ****have I got myself into.
It gives me something to look forward too and a sense of pride that we are doing this on our own, cash basis, and it will be ours out right.

Keep up the great work!
Please continue to post pics as you can.

cabingal3
# Posted: 27 May 2013 09:10

Quoting: Purplerules
It gives me something to look forward too and a sense of pride that we are doing this on our own, cash basis, and it will be ours out right.
so very true.
bukhntr -very nice cabin,very cozy.

bukhntr
# Posted: 2 Jul 2013 23:06

got the t&G up a couple of weeks ago, went down this weekend to hang and do some painting. It is much more comfortable with the insulation covered. The attic is venting well keeping it much cooler inside. We are having pretty cool weather for early July, mid 80's instead of 90's and 100's. I hope to get the ceiling stained and the trim painted on the next trip in a couple of weeks. We also caught our first fish from our new pond we stocked last year, nice to see them growing. It'll be fish fry time next year
082.JPG
082.JPG
083.JPG
083.JPG

PatrickH
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 07:35

Looks very nice! Is it a trout pond?

Martian
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 08:26

Quoting: bukhntr
We are having pretty cool weather for early July, mid 80's instead of 90's and 100's.

Hasn't it been pleasant this week? I've been sleeping under a light blanket here in the Flint Hills.

Tom

bukhntr
# Posted: 3 Jul 2013 17:33

Quoting: PatrickH
Looks very nice! Is it a trout pond?

No, too warm here for trout. We put catfish and hybrid bluegill in last spring along with fathead minnows for bait fish, this spring we added coppernose bluegill along with bass and crappie. Our pond is about 3/4 acre in size.

PatrickH
# Posted: 5 Jul 2013 17:36

That sounds awesome,always wanted something like that. You just cant beat panfish!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.