Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / our cabin progress
tnky03
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 16:14

Last weekend a trip to Lowes got enough materials to keep us busy for a while. We decided on panels like rough barn siding for our interior walls. All that is stacked and ready to put up as soon as all the insulation and wiring is done. Hubby has just a bit more wiring to complete and I have been putting up insulation. It is getting more exciting as I can see little bits done.
insulation_going_up_.jpg
insulation_going_up_.jpg

Just
# Posted: 19 Jun 2013 16:29

Nice neat job ,it's great when it starts to come together ...

bukhntr
# Posted: 20 Jun 2013 21:36 - Edited by: bukhntr

fyi for the rest of your insulation, if you fold the paper flaps inside the studs and staple it will leave the studs exposed making your paneling/sheetrock installation much easier. I learned that the hard way in the beginning. I look forward to seeing more pics

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 21 Jun 2013 07:20

Insulating is not fun, but paneling is. Now the fun begins.

tnky03
# Posted: 23 Jun 2013 19:07

Our wall insulation is almost finished, just one more wall to do. Hubby preferred the flaps be turned out and stapled, so that's how I have done it. All wall panels in bedroom are up and I am pleased. The rustic barnwood panels keep a rustic look, yet are very easy to put up. Hope to get the ceiling insulation put up this week, but it is much harder. After that the finishing will go more quickly.
Barnwood paneling on walls
Barnwood paneling on walls

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 24 Jun 2013 01:30

Very nice!

tnky03
# Posted: 24 Jun 2013 09:09

Thank you, SWL.

cabingal3
# Posted: 25 Jun 2013 13:38

that looks so nice.u guys are working so hard.its looking really nice.hugs cabi

tnky03
# Posted: 26 Jun 2013 15:39

Thanks Cabi! Hopefully we can have it mostly finished in a month or so.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.