Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Little House Barn replica
Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 22 Jul 2013 23:03

Thinking of building a barn/shed to replicate the Ingalls barn on Little House on the Prairie...looks easy enough to build...what do you all think?
Little House Barn
Little House Barn

tnky03
# Posted: 23 Jul 2013 15:54

I love it!!!! Depending on where you are you should be able to get salvage materials at a good price to build it.

Nirky
# Posted: 24 Jul 2013 02:48

I think anyone who really sets their heart to do something can do it, half-pint.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 24 Jul 2013 03:39

^ ^

PatrickH
# Posted: 24 Jul 2013 07:17

Charles would be proud

hattie
# Posted: 24 Jul 2013 13:06

Quoting: Nirky
I think anyone who really sets their heart to do something can do it, half-pint.

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 25 Jul 2013 20:30

Hattie, I know what your laughing about...lol. Your naughty! Trollbridge help me out here!!

trollbridge
# Posted: 26 Jul 2013 09:37 - Edited by: trollbridge

LOL...well, in the words of Nellie..."I want it NOW!" cute barn!

Dave, I can't help you, but Pa would be happy to come have a stern talk with Hattie...ma will watch over with loving eyes and half-pint and sisters will listen closely and take big gulps while lying up in the loft in bed

Sustainusfarm
# Posted: 13 Aug 2013 08:04

So the plan is set....a new project is being formed! I will be building this small barn using pole barn building techniques. I spent some time this past weekend looking at some Amish built pole barns ....I have been dreading hauling the 14-16 foot long 4x4 and 6x6 corner posts to the cabin but the Amish showed me that I can do the entire project using all 8 footers and very little pressure treated lumber!
By sandwiching three 2x6's together and staggering them to make laminated corner posts! This way you can work with short sections of treated lumber below ground then weave in the untreated to create the structure! Nice!

trollbridge
# Posted: 15 Aug 2013 10:22

It's going to be awesome!!!! I love the looks of it. When will you start? This fall? Make sure you find some suspenders to wear like Pa's!!!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.