Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Northeast Ohio 16 x 24 project with pics and updates
<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
stickbowcrafter
# Posted: 15 Jun 2014 15:49

Not sure about the floors yet Sarg. I like the look of rough sawn lumber planks like the floors in old barns. Might use T&G 2x8 yellow pine.

-Brian

stickbowcrafter
# Posted: 14 Jul 2014 17:23 - Edited by: stickbowcrafter

Wow, been almost a month since I checked in. We had a great two week family vacation and I got right back to work on the barn. Here's a few updates. I found a deal on some 1X cedar boards I thought would be great for soffit and fascia.

Managed to get 3 sides closed up, just need to decide on windows, frame and cut them out. Also need to decide on doors for the 4th side.

-Brian

stickbowcrafter
# Posted: 14 Jul 2014 17:37

I had a few buddies helping out this weekend so I decided to put some siding panels on since I had the extra hands. I went back and forth about what type of siding to put on. I wanted a horizontal look and decided on panel siding installed horizontally.

The tops of the panels overlap but I had to seal the butt ends. I put a coat of paint on and will put another coat or two on after I sand the sealed seams to make them disappear.

-Brian

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.