Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / heading out to the cabin
cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 09:00

happy labor day weekend to all.
we have not been to our cabin in so long.we are heading out tomorrow morn.
the grandsons are heading back to their dads today...they have to get ready for school.
this time at the cabin we are taking a lot of furniture.two living room chairs and a chest to go between and a big chest of drawers.
we are doing the finishing work on the inside walls but putting up ruff cut cedar boards inside the living room.i am stapling down the carpet in the living room and main room...
then we are headed to the kitchen to put insulation there and ruff cut cedar boards there also.
I am going to decorate our loo...on the inside.i have all kinds of things I am taking.a painted coffee can with a scoop in it .it has sawdust in it.taking some of this and that.just to make it a bit more cosy.
will bring pics when we come back to share.
rug i made for the cabin.
rug i made for the cabin.

creeky
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 09:55

as we say in Canada "happy labour day"

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 10:35

Love your rug! I've been in Portland since yesterday. Hope the weather dries up for your cabin time. Have fun. Can't wait to see your photos.

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 12:11

Quoting: creeky
as we say in Canada "happy labour day"

cheeky was your labor day this week??happy labor day.
hey silverwaterlady.wish we could talk.that would be so fun.
u have an exciting life.its gonna be in the 80's at the cabin.
thank u everyone.hugs cabi.

Purplerules
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 17:50

Love your rug. You are so talented.
Yes we are headed to cabin this extended weekend too.
We hope to complete interior walls.
It has been 3 weeks so we are excited.

Let's see pictures after everyone comes back from the weekend.

trollbridge
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 18:37

Have fun Cabi! Beautiful work on the rug! We are leaving tomorrow for our place. Haven't been in 5 weeks

Hope everyone has a happy and safe weekend

naturelover66
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 20:54

Be safe...... Have fun Cabi !!! Don't forget to take lots of Pictures !!!! The rug is awesome !!!

hattie
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 21:17

Beautiful rug cabingal3!! Have a great Labour Day Weekend!!! Can't wait to see lots and lots of photos when you come back.

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 21:30

thanks so much everyone.
Quoting: Purplerules
Yes we are headed to cabin this extended weekend too.We hope to complete interior walls. It has been 3 weeks so we are excited.

Purplerules.enjoy your cabin.i am excited for u too.u are doing the same as us.sounds fun to compare photos when we get back.
Trollbridge.enjoy and have fun.i know u will.
thank u everyone about the rug.and have a wonderful labor day weekend.hugs!

jaransont3
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 08:06

Jill and I and the dogs are heading to our cabin this weekend too. Going to stay for the whole week. Everybody have fun at their cabins.

We have lots of projects planned. will post pictures when we get back.

justincasei812
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 08:45

Heading to the cabin right after work today with another couple and the kids. The weather is a bit of a mix and we are hoping the rain holds off or rains early today and be done with it. I have been at the cabin for the last 7 or 8 weekends in a row for one project or another. This weekend I have told myself I will sit and relax and in the same breath I have two things I am thinking of that I could do as soon as I get there. At least the two things I want to do are quick and easy. One thing is, I put up three different ranges a pistol, rim fire and long range and the long range has a back stop that is made of rail road ties that are stacked 7' high and are 3 ties thick. I want to secure the ties together to make sure it stands strong for a long time. So that should be pretty easy and not over the top.

I hope everyone has an awesome weekend no matter where you end up. Enjoy life, smile, make new friends, or just visit with family and old friends. Life is too short ~ Stay awake for it and enjoy.

neb
# Posted: 30 Aug 2013 11:09

Have a fun long weekend at the cabins. I will be at mine also and will do some bow hunting. Have a good one!

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Sep 2013 21:19

hello.we are back.it took us 8 hours to get to the cabin instead of the normal five.a head on car crash along the way.poor people .and waiting in the sun for 3 hours with no moving hardly at all.i was so worried about the dog in front of us.we only had frozen ice water.i saw he was panting so.i did not want to offer frozen water.
well the good old pet owner had a big dish and water for his trusty fido.yay.
well,we got there finally.only to see someone tore off our gate we put up.i am so sick of that.gar got a mess of private property signs and put them up.i put a creepy mosaic head in the window to make people be scared.ha.
we worked like dogs.it was so fun.
gar asked me after our hard day of work,sitting and drinking iced coffee and feeling the mountain breeze-"would I chose town or the city knowing the pain we were feeling?"i said this pain is from sitting in town so much as the office job and sitting at home on the computer.
so I choose the woods.gar got all the inside finish work done in the living room and the kitchen.i had to take everything out of the kitchen to wash it while he did the finish work.and put it back.
I mostly worked on cleaning up the property and making burn piles for second snow.
its looking good.i decorated our out house.we met a nice nice couple.
they told us there is 25 living out there year round.of course a lot are snowbirds.i wont be that.anyway...here is some pictures.hugs cabi.
decorated outhouse.
decorated outhouse.
kitchen
kitchen

cabingal3
# Posted: 1 Sep 2013 21:21

here is the finish work gar did.
scary person in window is to scare people off.will it work?
finish work in living room
finish work in living room
the little living room.
the little living room.
scary person in window
scary person in window

naturelover66
# Posted: 1 Sep 2013 22:05

Well, That's a very cozy spot in the living room to enjoy your coffee....... and a very colorful out house !!
As far as the lady in the window......... it would make my heart skip a beat. LOL
Glad you had fun !

neb
# Posted: 1 Sep 2013 23:34

Looks like a fine place to me!

cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 00:15

Quoting: naturelover66
As far as the lady in the window......... it would make my heart skip a beat. LOL

yay.my sister said the same.good.thanks naturelover66.
thank u neb.hugs cabi

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 08:03

Hi cabingal3 -Your cabin looks so comfy and cozy. The rug looks so cute, I love the decorating in the privy!

The head might keep people away once. If they come back it might not. Have you considered a few trail cameras? Or signs that say " smile your on camera"? I put a sign like that on my property in Ohio. It is keeping the people that shouldn't be there away.

cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 10:36

Hi silverwaterlady.this is what everyone is telling us.yes.this is our next step.thank u.it is a cozy place.next a bedroom.then take all the stuff out of the main part of the cabin...like our bed and chest of drawers and put them in the bedroom.then the main part of the cabin becomes our living room.just takes time.thank u everyone.

hattie
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 12:32

Your place is looking lovely cabingal3....The scary person in the window is a cute idea. I really hope it works. Maybe move her around every once in awhile. The fisheye lens photos of the inside of your cabin make it look like a hobbit house.

cabingal3
# Posted: 2 Sep 2013 19:26

thanks so much hattie.yes.i think this is a good idea too.to move scary girl about.hee hee.
well it actually does look like a hobbit house with the doors and windows gar made.thanks.cabi

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 3 Sep 2013 06:16

Good idea Hattie!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.