Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Many Happy Returns
p0rtia
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 19:42

Hi Guys!

My sweet cabin turned three this past week. Observe the second coat of stain, a more lived-in look, and guests to help celebrate!

---
Admin's note: p0rtia's earlier (original?) thread: My cabin - 12 x 20 with loft
Cabin_Maida_Erica.jp.jpg
Cabin_Maida_Erica.jp.jpg

MJW
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 19:43

Nice!

We are doing our board & batten this week.

Tired of the Lowe's wrap siding. haha

p0rtia
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 20:21

When I stained the cabin this summer, I did a check to see if the battens were still firm, and also to look for cracks (who knew they make a cedar-colored caulk?). Not too bad for three years (and built with recently cut boards). A few nails, a little caulk, some hammering. I really love board and batten. Of course no siding wrap for me: boards went right onto the frame.

p0rtia
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 20:23 - Edited by: p0rtia

Here's the back patio -- which was a stump-covered rock fields three years ago:
Slate patio, 2013.
Slate patio, 2013.
And some perspective.
And some perspective.

naturelover66
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 20:51

I love it !!!

hattie
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 21:11

Happy birthday to your cabin. It looks beautiful!!

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 29 Aug 2013 21:19

Happy Birthday Cabin! It looks so relaxing. How wonderful that you spend enough time at the cabin that you can garden. That is something I look forward to doing at my cabin.

canadian girl
# Posted: 8 Oct 2013 06:24

Hi there p0rtia, I have been thinking about you and your cabin So happy to see new pics. Keep them coming ! We are still working on our cabin. Life was busy so we haven't spent much time there this year at all . Take care and keep us posted .

jrbarnard
# Posted: 8 Oct 2013 06:41

very nice! I want to see what it looks like inside too! That is a really cute looking cabin!

Russ

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.