Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Here I go...
Homochitto
# Posted: 10 Feb 2010 22:44

I posted some time back saying hello and that I was building a small cabin(16x20) on some land that my great grand father bought in 1929 in South West Mississippi.
My plan back in the summer was to be off the grid and living in this rural cabin by spring but it does not look like I will.We have had some seriously unseasonable weather here in SW MS this year.Rain and more rain and they say 3 to 7 inches of snow tomorrow(it has already snowed 3 times this winter and that's very rare for SW MS).
I have to carry everything along a path that winds up hill and down for about 1000 feet and I have not been able to get lumber to the site in over a month.So I thought I would post a couple of pics that could give an idea of what I have going on here.I have been building a walking bridge over a creek on a path that will lessen my distance of walking.
I would love to hear all criticism and comments as this project is going to get started reguardless of weather.lol.
Thanks for all input.
Building Bridge
Building Bridge
Building Bridge 2
Building Bridge 2
Looking north through cabin
Looking north through cabin
looking south through cabin
looking south through cabin

steveqvs
# Posted: 11 Feb 2010 08:28

Awesome! Thanks for sharing the pictures. Is the creek always flowing? I like the cleared area for the cabin. I don't envy you carrying stuff that distance....... keep the pics coming.

Homochitto
# Posted: 11 Feb 2010 18:08

steveqvs-Yes that creek is always flowing with good clean water,my grandmother said when they were kids they would bathe and wash clothes in the creek because it was cleaner and softer water than they had in the well.I'll include a pic of the waterfall that is on this creek but it's not close enough to where I'm building my cabin as I would like but it is a rewarding walk to it.
The cleared area(Old Place Hill)that will soon be my yard once had a house built on it some 150 years ago that my family rented until they were able to buy the property and build a new home (pic below)a little closer to a dirt road.I have been finding old broken dishes and different artifacts my grandmother said that they were to poor to have lost any coins.
4' waterfall
4' waterfall
new home built in 1929
new home built in 1929

CabinBuilder
Admin
# Posted: 11 Feb 2010 21:05

Thanks for sharing pictures of your cabin, Homochitto.
A nice place you have.

steveqvs
# Posted: 12 Feb 2010 17:25

The waterfall is awesome!

RickandRandy
# Posted: 1 Mar 2010 12:11

Looking forward to updates, Homochitto.

larry
# Posted: 14 Mar 2010 22:10

don't give up on the dream spring is around the corner and you can start then. oh, and post pics

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.