Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Pole Barn Construction
jgiffi
# Posted: 6 Oct 2013 13:03

Rcently started construction on a 34x40 pole barn on my property to provide some storage for my equipment and toys and give me a space to get out of the elements to work and putter around on things. Im proud to say that we have perform every property improvement ourselves and so far we have not had to outsource anything. It has been a great opportunity to spend time with friends and family and just enjoy the different projects that we have worked on along the way. Definitely given me a feeling of accomplishment and has given me an opportunity to have things done exactly how I want them to. My property is pretty hilly as you can probably tell from the photos so it took me awhile to level the site to have a space big enough to construct on. Unfortunately, I live up North so the season was running short so I didn't get to move as much dirt as I would have liked before beginning construction but sometimes to you just need to roll with it and make the best out of it. Still looking for a quality door and because I am so far off the road and I have a small logging bridge that I need to cross to access the property I cannot have a cement truck some back so I will just have a stone floor.
Prep
Prep
Trusses
Trusses
Tyvek and GAF
Tyvek and GAF

jgiffi
# Posted: 6 Oct 2013 13:05

Here is what it looked like before I started everything...
Raw land
Raw land

rayyy
# Posted: 6 Oct 2013 14:56

Look's like a fun project.Brings back old memories.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.