Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / WV Cabin in the snow
RedTailHawk
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 11:48 - Edited by: RedTailHawk

Thought I'd share some wintery pics at my cabin in WV...
WV Cabin in the snow
WV Cabin in the snow
ATV trail or winter wonderland?
ATV trail or winter wonderland?
almost ready for ice skating
almost ready for ice skating
view from my tree stand
view from my tree stand

Smawgunner
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 11:49

Simply stunning! Great shots.

RedTailHawk
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 11:49

not sure why two pics got rotated during upload. I'll try to fix.

RedTailHawk
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 12:00

rather than fix the uploaded photos, here's a link to the hi-res photos on Flickr.com

http://www.flickr.com/photos/68114203@N07/sets/72157638983783405/

RedTailHawk
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 12:13

posted photos fixed, but link to Flickr is still available

spoofer
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 19:58

I hear the deer hunting is excellent in parts of WV. Is halfway decent land reasonably priced?

RedTailHawk
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 22:38 - Edited by: RedTailHawk

As anything in real estate goes, its all about location, location, location. Mine is on the state line with VA, and will one day be considered on the extreme edge of the Washington DC metropolitan area. So land is probably priced higher than in more remote parts of WV. But yes, the deer hunting was fantastic. Lots of wildlife (in addition to deer) on my property: black bears, coyote, bobcat, flocks of turkey, red fox, grey fox, etc.

neb
# Posted: 24 Dec 2013 23:14

Very nice!

Smawgunner
# Posted: 25 Dec 2013 12:43

Is that an authentic hewn cabin? If so....any history behind it that you know? Merry Xmas!

RedTailHawk
# Posted: 26 Dec 2013 09:24

It is authentic hewn. The cabin was originally built circa 1850, but was relocated to its present spot in 1991 (from its previous location about 15 minutes away). I just spent the past year renovating the kitchen, bath and upstairs, as well as all of the exterior log and chink.

George Washington surveyed land in this county for Lord Fairfax when he was a teenager, so I'm trying to figure out if he surveyed my particular piece of property. The other interesting piece of info, is that the cabin was actually built in Virginia, but became West Virginia in 1863. (Pretty cool that it changed states without moving).

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.