Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Our Camp in WNY
dabones
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 11:35

I found this forum a few yrs ago when we first bought the land, since then I haven't been very active, but recently started visiting the site alot more again.. and I thought id post some pics of the place,

we started with 5 acres in fall of 09, then in winter of 11 we bought an adjacent 5 acres...
we do not have a cabin yet, we're staying in an old POS trailer I salvaged, but its days are numbered...

we have wetlands on the property so that does make for some stupid restrictions, but for what we need and for the price we paid it's a great deal for us..

some of the property is on a steep hill, we had a drivewaynput in that is mostly level, enough for the trailer and deck and a firepit area..
One of the first trips
One of the first trips
POS trailer i put wood walls on
POS trailer i put wood walls on
got a small deck built
got a small deck built
creek next to trailer
creek next to trailer

dabones
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 12:02

built a sorta frame around the deck, started as a security railing but figured if I made it tall enough I can use it for lights and to throw a tarp over when raining to keep us a bit dryer..

we are on a paved road, but its very small, like in a campground, we are kinda close to the road but its not very busy and quite quiet area.. the heavy trees keep us petty private...
deck and trailer mess
deck and trailer mess
view from bottom of hill over feilds..
view from bottom of hill over feilds..
our road and the camp to the left.
our road and the camp to the left.

dabones
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 12:03

one day I hope to be posting cabin bulding pics, but that may be a few more years off..

until then, at least we have our getaway place away from home

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 13:09

nice job on the recycle use of a pop-up camper....it will work fine as a base camp until you build your cabin.

dabones
# Posted: 5 Jan 2014 21:06

yeah figured it was only the canvas that was bad, I tore it by dragging my finger through it sideways, .. so built wood walls, had some old storm type windows from house updating... so through them in for light an ventilation.. built it all at home and layer everything down and cranked roof down.. pulled trailer 3.5hrs and through border from Ontario to NY..

after trailer was there we found under the bed was a good dry place for storage, so a couple quick boards for walls for the first shed.

I now also have a small 4x8 shed for weedeater and solar system batteries, etch...
storage under bed
storage under bed

SandyR
# Posted: 6 Jan 2014 18:45

I live in WNY

Where abouts are you?

I live in East Aurora, about 20 minutes south of Buffalo.

dabones
# Posted: 7 Jan 2014 20:51

I'm camp is near Olean.. just north near Cuba.. I actually live near London Ontario, so I drive through buffalo to get there. take 400/16 down..
we used to camp at Allegany State Park, so loved the area.. found a good deal on this place so bought it.. much quieter than ASP.. lol. its 40 min drive to ASP, or 40 mins up to Rushford lake for some swimming..

neb
# Posted: 7 Jan 2014 21:22

It all takes time you have a good start with buying land. Good luck and keep us posted.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.