Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 850sq ft central BC cabin
Dekagoldwingers
# Posted: 22 Jan 2014 00:12

Here s the base floor plan I am going with for by place in central bc. Have power on site, collect rain water and putting in a septic this summer.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

bldginsp
# Posted: 22 Jan 2014 11:26

Looks great, Deka!

I do rainwater collection too, with a first flush diverter and screened gutters. I've seen many different designs. If you've thought it out, or learned from others, tell us how you plan to set it up.

hattie
# Posted: 22 Jan 2014 12:30

Welcome to the forum Dekagoldwingers. We are also in B.C. (Similkameen). We have septic and are on a well. We are hooked up to the grid.

Make sure you post lots of pictures as you progress with your project. Best of luck!!

Dekagoldwingers
# Posted: 23 Jan 2014 11:06

For our rainwater system we pipe from the gutters through an on ground filter we made using a 5gal bucket, with washed gravel and filter cloth on top. Easy to clean! The the water runs through underground pipes to a 1500 gal underground tank (Barr plastics) filtered at top of tank then stored. We pump up from the tank for mist uses. Use 5gal bottled water for drinking.

Dekagoldwingers
# Posted: 23 Jan 2014 11:19

We use gutter filters too. I installed filters over the intake to down pipes but they were too hard to clean. The bucket filters seem to work great and they are easy to clean.
Bucket filter at back of cabin
Bucket filter at back of cabin
Filter on shed
Filter on shed

Dekagoldwingers
# Posted: 23 Jan 2014 11:23

We installed n ultra violet water purification into the pressure side last summer to give us peace of mind.
Ultra violet system in shed
Ultra violet system in shed

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.