Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Pennsylvania Cabin Pictures
mongo1
# Posted: 6 Mar 2014 20:51

a few pics of the cabin my son and i built last year.plan on putting a porch on where the door is this spring.State forest to the rear of property.No electric or water and don,t want it for now.We haul water in for now and come spring I,ll put a catch system with gutters.We see deer-fox-coyotes=fisher-occasional bobcat-turkeys and plenty of bear.Thanks for looking and have an AWESOME day!!!Mongo
PotterAltoonaSchil.jpg
PotterAltoonaSchil.jpg
PotterAltoonaSchil.jpg
PotterAltoonaSchil.jpg
PotterAltoonaSchil.jpg
PotterAltoonaSchil.jpg

bldginsp
# Posted: 6 Mar 2014 21:05

Totally cool. Chalk up another small cabin.

What kind of siding is that?

old old buddy
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 14:13

mongo1
I really like the siding. Like bldginsp, I too am interested in what it is and where you got it.

What are your dimensions? I thought maybe 12X16 but it looks a little bigger than that. My son and I started with a 12X16 but added another bunkroom so now it's 16X20.

Keep the pictures coming! Nice job on your build

Old Old Buddy

timcook
# Posted: 9 Mar 2014 18:35

looks nice good job

mongo1
# Posted: 10 Mar 2014 13:56

old buddy-Insp,
The siding is actually a double 5" vinyl siding-color is called Cabin Brown from Mid-South Supply here in Pa.I had to special order it and you could only order it by 2 square boxes and not by the piece.I have 10 or11 pcs left which is good because right after I got the cabin done my supplier calls 2 days later and informs me they will no longer make that color.Oh well-what can you do!I love the log cabins but didn,t want the upkeep or initial expense.Have a great day!!!!

old old buddy
# Posted: 10 Mar 2014 21:13

mongo1
Thanks for the reply. Just my luck......

How big is it? How many squares of siding did it take to cover it?

Again....it looks almost like real slab logs in the photos.

Old Old Buddy

mongo1
# Posted: 10 Mar 2014 21:40

buddy,
It,s 16x20 and took a little over 7 square to finish it.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.