Sorry, I forgot to attach pic.
alaska_008.jpg
alaska_008.jpg

dk1393
# Posted: 26 May 2010 14:07

Pretty sweet. Sent some more info about it. Congradulations

MikeOnBike
# Posted: 26 May 2010 14:49

Very nice! More info and pics please. Tell us all about it.

cman47c
# Posted: 26 May 2010 15:51

Solar/inverter power as there is no electricity, Zodi shower with hand carried water supply with water from sink supplied by a 12VDC bilge pump system using a 5 gallon bucket for water supply. Propane stove and 20,000BTU/HR vent-free propane wall heater using 20# grill type tank and permanently piped in from the outside. One 20# tank usually lasts about 3 nights in 35 degree weather. Insulated with Reflectix type foil insulation at R6. It was easy and quick and the mice should leave it alone. I wired in standard wall mounted reeptacles and room light with outside light which I backfeed from my inverter/battery on the porch thru a porch mounted receptacle. I also have a 1000W generator that I can use but seldom do.

seesaw
# Posted: 6 Jan 2011 21:32

Nice cabin! Your land looks like ours, can you tell me about your foundation? Are those foundation blocks stacked? Anything underneath? We're going to build in March and we're debating about the foundation. Not much level ground.

cman47c
# Posted: 10 Jan 2011 12:07

Seesaw

The cabin sits on double cinder blocks, with the first course buried 18" in holes that were dug and lined with rock and built up to get a level base on which the cabin 6 X 6" treated timbers sit. It is not the best foundation, but I have some 12 X 24 storage sheds that sit on blocks on top of the ground and have minimal problems with leveling and door openings due to frost heaves.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.