Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / New covered porch!!
Denny
# Posted: 14 Jun 2010 12:24

I've added a porch to my 12x16 cabin and it changed everything. The porch is 12x12 and has made the whole place feel much larger as it really feels like another room. I live here full time so this really makes a huge difference. I very rarely use the AC so keeping the afternoon sun off the front of the cabin has been a real plus.

cabinbasics
# Posted: 14 Jun 2010 21:29

Looks really nice Denny! Love the landscraping!

bugs
# Posted: 15 Jun 2010 18:41

Denny

You almost doubled your living space! It appears you used some natural logs for the upright posts and railings. Great idea. Wish I would have done that.

Looks like you have a very peaceful setting to sit out and enjoy.

Denny
# Posted: 17 Jun 2010 10:49

Thanks cabinbasics and bugs! Viewing the porch as an outdoor room, which I do, does make it feel as though the living space is doubled! Really, for the cost per square foot, a big, covered porch is probably the best thing to do to increase the usability of any small cabin. Using the natural logs lowers the cost. My deck was recycled from an old one so that helped too. It is VERY peaceful!

stacymyjane
# Posted: 30 Sep 2010 00:50

Love your porch! We want to do that, but on the back side of our cabin, since we have rvs..and like the privacy. Haven't got there yet. Still working on just the cabin.

Thanks for sharing!

Gary O
# Posted: 1 Oct 2010 23:45

The night photo looks like the unseen part of a Corona commercial.
Extremely inviting.
Nicely done.

TomnPDX
# Posted: 9 Sep 2011 02:25

Wow, the porch makes all the difference in the world. Good job, good addition.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.