Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / North Idaho small "shed"
94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 16 Nov 2014 23:51

We've nearly completed our little 16 x 12' shed that's near the larger family cabin on our property. it's effectively a dressed up pole building. The other, larger cabin is log and pretty formal, this one is by intent very small and out of all rough-cut, local on site lumber (we have a band saw mill.) My intent with this one was to give it the feel of a late 1800's mining/homesteading cabin. It has only two windows, no power, only wood heat, and we steal the modern "conveniences" from the nearby fancy cabin....I thought I'd post a couple of pictures. The exterior is live-edge siding with a shale foundation to about 4' (we get a lot of snow.) The interior is a mixture of blued pine and douglas fir board and batten cut on site.

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 16 Nov 2014 23:52

(Foundation is used loosely - it's slip formed around the poles to keep the snow/water away from the cabin with a moisture barrier.)

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 17 Nov 2014 00:02

I'm working on the pics...apparently my new "smart phone and I aren't getting along at the moment."

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 17 Nov 2014 00:20 - Edited by: 94zagoldwoman

Cabin interior...abbreviated panorama (a bit weird...but then I'm better with chainsaws than technology)

neb
# Posted: 18 Nov 2014 22:07

Let see some pictures of home sweet home. Keep us posted on your build.

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 10 Dec 2014 13:38 - Edited by: 94zagoldwoman

Interior corner with built in fireplace/stove
Built in Beds
Built in Beds

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 10 Dec 2014 13:55 - Edited by: 94zagoldwoman

Cabin shot, 360 panorama

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 10 Dec 2014 13:56

Bunkbeds in the corner
Built in triple deckers
Built in triple deckers

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 10 Dec 2014 14:00

Blued Pine on the bottoms, Red Fir on the gables and ceiling...a little closer
Up Close Wall detail
Up Close Wall detail

94zagoldwoman
# Posted: 10 Dec 2014 14:02

The ceiling panels/boards before they were battened in...we decided to leave everything rough cut off the band mill. Like the look and it has a "western/mining" camp feel to it. We have a much more formal cabin right next door, this one is for fun/extra sleeping space.
red fir ceiling
red fir ceiling

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.