<< . 1 . 2 .
TomSmith
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 12:14

Porch ceiling is up.
Cab4.jpg
Cab4.jpg

TomSmith
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 12:14

Counter tops, sink and sink drain in. No water yet.
Cab1.jpg
Cab1.jpg

TomSmith
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 12:16

Solar panels up but not connected.
Cab5.jpg
Cab5.jpg

TomSmith
# Posted: 16 Sep 2015 12:17

Bought a 5000 btu ac. Works fine on our Honda 2000 generator. Started on the interior walls.
Cab2.jpg
Cab2.jpg

TomSmith
# Posted: 28 Sep 2015 08:29

Gloria and I spent a vacation week working on the inside. Still have some trim to put up, but the walls and ceiling are done.
c1.jpg
c1.jpg
c2.jpg
c2.jpg
c3.jpg
c3.jpg
c4.jpg
c4.jpg

TomSmith
# Posted: 28 Sep 2015 08:30

Couple more inside.
c5.jpg
c5.jpg
c6.jpg
c6.jpg

pondjumpr
# Posted: 29 Sep 2015 14:35

Looks Great. Help me understand why you insulated the porch ceiling?

Also, IIRC in the days prior to AC, Southern homes had high ceilings but no insulation. The reason was that if you insulated the house, it would heat up during the day and would never cool off at night. It makes me wonder if insulating your cabin will require AC for this same reason. Of course, if you condition the inside, heat or cool, insulation will help.

I'm still curious about the porch insulation. That place is beautiful!

TomSmith
# Posted: 29 Sep 2015 16:18

pondjumpr, thanks for the compliments.

Right or wrong, I insulated the porch because I thought it would help with the radiant heat from the tin roof.

The inside insulation holds in the heat for sure. We have a 5000 btu window a/c to cool it off when we arrive. It cools the air down pretty quick, but have to leave it running for about 4 hours at first to cool everything inside down. The a/c was a life saver during July and August. I hope to have a propane heater installed before winter.

TomSmith
# Posted: 5 Jan 2016 07:53

We spent the week after Christmas working at the cabin. Finish the chest and closet. Put the flooring down. Painted and installed the bed.
Cab1.jpg
Cab1.jpg
Cab2.jpg
Cab2.jpg
Cab4.jpg
Cab4.jpg
Cab6.jpg
Cab6.jpg

Stein
# Posted: 5 Jan 2016 08:40

Really nice and unique camp. You have done a great job.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 5 Jan 2016 09:44

your camp looks great...I thought about your place the other day with all the rain...we had "down south" wondered how it made out in all the floods...I know of some camps that did not make it during the floods.

TomSmith
# Posted: 5 Jan 2016 09:48

Thanks. Stein and turkeyhunter. The water was a couple of feet above flood stage and will have to go up another 10 ft. to cause us problems.

abby
# Posted: 7 Jan 2016 17:43

just beautiful!

ILFE
# Posted: 11 Jan 2016 03:09

Wow. The Ohoopie River was high last year, this time. TomSmith, I'm from Gawga as well. Savannah. I live in Cambodia, though. Super nice place you have there.

Not sure if you are still active on this forum. But, if you are, I would love to see photos of your finished cabin.

Kudos to you and your wife, sir. Job well done.

TomSmith
# Posted: 12 Jan 2016 14:56

Thanks abby and ILFE. ILFE, we are still working on it. The picture above with the loaded canoe was only a couple of weeks ago. The waterway behind the canoe is our road in. The river was a couple of feet above flood stage. Savannah is close to home. I grew up in Sylvania, about 60 miles northwest of Savannah.

<< . 1 . 2 .
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.