Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Tomorrow is the day we start our adventure!
DivaAnimalFarm
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 15:53

Hello everyone,

Been lurking here for a couple of months while waiting for our first cabin to arrive. Weather has been a real issue, but tomorrow our 14x40 shell will be delivered. Went with the pre-fab garden shed since we are inexperienced in building. We couldn't get financed for a new mobile home and really at this age I don't want to look at 20+ year payments... This site has been awesome for ideas and I'm glad your all here to share with. So, tomorrow I will start posting and sharing pictures of this new adventure!

naturelover66
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 16:36

Very exciting !! Welcome ��

Nirky
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 16:40

Good choice. Shells can be easily modified and are a good way to go for some people, and few want to be tied down with a cabin mortgage. Looking forward to the pics.

Salty Craig
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 17:09

I'm eager to see your cabin and progress. I will be watching. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

Salty Craig

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 17:36

I had considered either a shell or pre fabbing it at home and setting it up. Ended up hiring a pro builder to help me bang up a dried in shell. Took 9 days. He taught me the ways, Very educational. I paid him $40 an hour

cabingal3
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 18:43

this is so wonderful.welcome.we are excitedly awaiting pictures of your adventure.

sho3360
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 18:49 - Edited by: sho3360

Thrilled for you, eager to see your progress.

hattie
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 21:27

Congratulations!!! Can't wait to watch your build!!

SkipL
# Posted: 29 Jan 2015 21:32

I'm still working on mine little by little just finished running the interior water line and started skirting the cabin. take a look at mine you might get some ideas or give me some mine is 14x36 including the porch.

Nirky
# Posted: 30 Jan 2015 15:18

Here's YT video of converting a shed to a cabin, may have some useful info.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9npdnI7dKCg

DivaAnimalFarm
# Posted: 30 Jan 2015 17:31

Thank you all for the welcome and support.. Well, once again we have had a set back. The delivery was cancelled due to a breakdown of their equipment. So, delayed until Monday.. Only thing I'm upset about is the guy could have called and let me know.. I've waited all day for them to show up What a bummer!
I will look at those videos and pictures thanks!

DivaAnimalFarm
# Posted: 2 Feb 2015 21:58

Got the cabin late this afternoon. They guys finished tying it down well past after dark. So, tomorrow I'll start on the pictures and caulking (fun times lol )

SandyR
# Posted: 2 Feb 2015 22:30

Welcome aboard! Can't wait to see your pictures

toyota_mdt_tech
# Posted: 5 Feb 2015 21:03

Diva, we need pictures!

DivaAnimalFarm
# Posted: 5 Feb 2015 22:11

Quoting: toyota_mdt_tech
Diva, we need pictures!

I did It's under 14x40 portable building project started 02/04/15 in the Member's Projects and Photos..

Today was just more inside caulking, so I didn't take pictures of that.. Kinda boring to look at lol..

Thanks for stopping by!

Nirky
# Posted: 5 Feb 2015 22:39

Thumbnails are good...to be used as thumbnails. Can you make the pictures a little bigger next time?

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.