Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Our dream property...Any ideas?
gorehound
# Posted: 19 Jul 2010 20:11

Hi everyone! We are new to the forum. We live in Northeast Ohio and are about to purchase our first real bit of country property. What we are hoping to get in the next couple weeks is a 8.9 acre lot that has septic, well, 2 ponds, a stream and electric has already been run to the property. As you can see in one of the photos there is a mobile home on the property, but it is shot. There are animals living in there and it makes me nauseous just to walk in the door. We were planning on tearing the mobile home down to the trailer frame, scrapping the metal and using the proceeds to help buy the lumber to build a cabin on the frame. Has anyone had any experience doing this sort of thing? I have seen the "trailer houses" that people have made from camper trailers, but this frame will be a little bigger than a camper. Maybe we could build a cabin in the middle and figure out a way to have a deck all the way around? Maybe scrap the using the mobile home frame as a foundation and do something else? I have been reading all of the posts here of the home built cabins and I am very envious of your cabins. I would like one of my own but need a place to start.
Pond 1 (mobile home in view)
Pond 1 (mobile home in view)
Pond 2
Pond 2
Stream
Stream

gorehound
# Posted: 19 Jul 2010 20:12

The stream isn't quite visible, and after all is said and done we will own about another 3 acres of woods beyond the stream.

larry
# Posted: 19 Jul 2010 22:13 - Edited by: larry

well i would ask how much do you have in the budget for materials and what kinda square ft are you looking to build. a friend and i spent about 6 days on this
inside
inside

larry
# Posted: 19 Jul 2010 22:20

more pics
0614091951.jpg
0614091951.jpg
0614091951a.jpg
0614091951a.jpg

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.