Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Intro and CABIN PICS
Cocobumbo
# Posted: 7 Aug 2010 12:31 - Edited by: Cocobumbo

Hello I have been lurking on this forum for years and finally started building our Cabin/Nipa Hut. Its 4 meters (13 feet) by 5 meters (26 feet), We used the Trees that we cleared for the frame and local Nipa for the Roofing, We are off grid and using a hybrid System of Solar,Wind, and Diesel Generator running on Vegetable oil, there is no water but we get min 12 inches per month during the Dry season and 26 inches per month during the rainy season, So a rain catch provides all of our water. you can also see video of the land here http://www.youtube.com/user/Cocobumbo we are planning in doing a small resort when its all done so we can pay for our living expenses.. Oh btw its in the philippines. Its seems that everyone is in the woods and we wanted to show our version on our dream property. Its a Long Flight but paradise is worth the trip!
View From the Water
View From the Water
From the water again
From the water again
Some of the view
Some of the view
Starting the roof
Starting the roof

bugs
# Posted: 7 Aug 2010 20:30

Absolutely wonderful!!!!!!

Ummmm No worries about insulation and r values I bet. What are the building concerns that you have ie how do you preserve? No worries about frost heave!!! How about mosoons? Tidal waves?

So are you planning an upscale resort or an economy level?

I really look forward to seeing your progress especially when we are under snow and the temp is
-25 outside.

Cheers
bugs

Gary O
# Posted: 7 Aug 2010 21:05

minus 25??!!
What part of the country, Bugs?

bugs
# Posted: 7 Aug 2010 22:40

G.O

SK, Ca. Check the first pages of our thread.

Cocobumbo
# Posted: 8 Aug 2010 00:08

Bugs,

No worries about tidal waves, My house is elevated about 75 feet on that cliff, Typhoons don't hit my island because I am so far South (7 degrees from the equator) Its almost impossible, They always turn north about 100 miles out so we do get some wind and rain but thats it!

We plan on simple accommodations because the main tourist that come there are Surfers. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hD-MqMs_ZOU and on my island we have the Best beach here!

Termites are the biggest pest here! Im using Iron wood.. and Hard wood to build. Also using Marine Plywood and treating that as we go along.

Miguel
home2.jpg
home2.jpg

Anonymous
# Posted: 8 Aug 2010 14:56

I love the roof on your hut. Please show more pics of the hut when its done. Thanx.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.