Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Fishing Pole Holder
skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 15:28

My son has become quite the avid fisherman over the last couple of years and has accumulated quite the collection of poles, gear etc. I decided I would make him a holder for all his rods, tackle etc so he could be more organized. Who I am I kidding...I am tired of his stuff laying all over the place so I made it for me as well. I looked at some different pictures on line and came up with a design of my own. My signature has been to incorporate logs into my projects from the cabin. This is what I came up with and he really likes it. It holds ten poles (he already has eight), 6 ice fishing poles, and his fly tube for his fly rod. It has an upper drawer for all his smaller tackle boxes, two drawers and 4 shelves for his larger tackle boxes. Now all his friends are interested in one. It is made from pine and has a clear coat finish on it.
front
front
top drawer
top drawer
back
back
close up of back
close up of back

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 15:30

side view
IMG_20150327_160849..jpg
IMG_20150327_160849..jpg

creeky
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 16:37

skoota you have to adopt me. i want one of those.

only problem I have ... a lot of tackle. like a ridiculous amount. so much that when I go into town Le Barons has a tracking device on my truck and they roll out a red carpet before I get there.

my 8x8 solar shed. it's really just a big tackle box. rods, reels, tackle ... take up way more space than the solar gear. i didn't build it 10' high for the solar panels. i did it so i could store my musky rods.

pray your son never mentions musky...

Just
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 16:48

Not sure who the lucky one is , the Boy because he has a dad who supports his passion or the Dad who has a Boy who" has " a passion ..

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 18:37

very nice job....something your Son will keep forever Because you made it for him!!!

Quoting: Just
Not sure who the lucky one is , the Boy because he has a dad who supports his passion or the Dad who has a Boy who" has " a passion ..

I would say BOTH!!!

skootamattaschmidty
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 18:56

Thanks! Yes I am lucky he has such a passion. I keep saying to my wife when he buys something new that at least he isn't wasting his money on booze or drugs. Creeky my son would be jealous to have a shop to fill with fishing tackle! Between all his ice fishing gear and the rest he could almost fill a shop. This unit will just keep the smaller stuff organized!

neb
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 20:59

Quoting: turkeyhunter
Quoting: JustNot sure who the lucky one is , the Boy because he has a dad who supports his passion or the Dad who has a Boy who" has " a passion ..I would say BOTH!!!

Outstanding!!

BaconCreek
# Posted: 28 Mar 2015 21:05

Nice!

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.