Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / 12x28 on an island in BC Canada.
tony
# Posted: 26 Aug 2010 23:10

Hello all! I've been lurking here for a while and thought it was time to post about the cabin my girlfriend and I have been building on an island in BC. The island is completely off grid and has a foot ferry only..so all building supplies have to be barged across.
Here's some pics.
The site.
The site.
one beam!
one beam!
Floor joists.
Floor joists.
Joists and deck!
Joists and deck!

KT
# Posted: 26 Aug 2010 23:42

An owner built cabin on a primitive island .. the enviable stuff of dreams! What an exciting and logistically challenging project! Looks like a very sound and admirable start.

KC
# Posted: 26 Aug 2010 23:47

Whoops, should of signed that KC.

Really looking forward to seeing your future progress.

Cheers!
KC

tony
# Posted: 27 Aug 2010 00:07

Quoting: KC
Whoops, should of signed that KC.

Really looking forward to seeing your future progress.

Cheers!
KC

Thanks KC!
Actually we have progressed beyond that point... just thought that some people may want to see the construction process. I have to say that before this project we had never built ANYTHING..if we can do it anyone can!!
More pics.
start of framing.
start of framing.
more framing.
more framing.
framed!
framed!

Gary O
# Posted: 27 Aug 2010 07:06

Sure looks like you know what you're doing, tony.
Thank you for showing your progess.
Please continue.

islandguy
# Posted: 27 Aug 2010 17:50

lasquiti?

tony
# Posted: 27 Aug 2010 19:19

Quoting: islandguy
lasquiti?

Yes! How did you guess?

islandguy
# Posted: 29 Aug 2010 21:38

Lasquiti is one of the many beautiful islands that make up much of the southwest coast of British Columbia, and is particularly known for the residents reluctance to allow amenities on the island, preffering the "simpler life" Off the grid, and foot ferry? Could have been any one of a hundred, but somehow I just knew....

tony
# Posted: 4 Sep 2010 19:25

Up to lock up stage now! Still have to install a few more windows.
Roof almost done.
Roof almost done.
Up to date
Up to date

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.