creeky
# Posted: 9 May 2013 18:11

nice wool sock pillow.

Gary O
# Posted: 11 May 2013 23:29

Excellent!

tichalet
# Posted: 7 Sep 2013 20:39

PN, I signed up onto this site just to ask you what happened with the Palais? The two years are up, are they not? Have you completed the expansion to comply with regs?

The Shaque is amazing - the most action packed 108 sq ft I've ever seen, I think. Drop-dead gorgeous site, fantastic space planning and just cute as a button - and the expanded version looks to be equally as wonderful.

If you were thinking that 647 sq ft is "out of "small cabin" territory and so isn't appropriate for this site, other projects I've seen here are well upwards of 900.

So please, please update your progress with lots of pics, otherwise we'll always have nightmares that you fell out of the loft & conked your head or your canoe sank or something.

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 10:59

LOL! I agree!

tichalet
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 12:56

Heh-heh, trollbridge, if you and I can't persuade him to come back here - even if only to allay our fears that [cue the violins] poor Nigel The Dog is now wandering the woods having to fend for himself because his Dad has gone MIA - perhaps some of the Ontarians on this site can organize a search party for Project North and shame him into updating for us.

trollbridge
# Posted: 9 Sep 2013 14:40

HAHAHA. Yes....shame can work wonders!!

And if by chance he did conk his head so hard that he no longer finds the appeal in the red buffalo plaid bed covering and wool sock pillow I will gladly take them off his hands and use them at my cabin! LOL

project_north
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 08:47

Hahaha.

I'm back - just took a hiatus!
This year in order to secure my building permit I had to complete my greywater leaching bed and have it inspected. Having trouble coordinating for the inspection.

Bedding: LL Bean
Sock Pillow: Roots Home

project_north
# Posted: 13 Sep 2013 09:11

Here is a pic of my trench for grewwater.
1.2 metres wide,
1 metre deep
6.5 metres long
15 lbs lost filling it with rocks.
trench
trench

OwenChristensen
# Posted: 14 Sep 2013 08:53

Wow, first post Sept. 13 , '10 and now it Sept. 13, '13 , nice timing.

tichalet
# Posted: 14 Sep 2013 11:48

YAY!

Thanks for the update, PN.

Glad you're okay, but please keep the photos coming. This project has a fan club and we will NOT be ignored!

Just so ya know.

avan
# Posted: 10 Oct 2013 00:57

I really like the original design size. Do you have some plan with mesurements?

project_north
# Posted: 10 Oct 2013 09:11

Salut Avan,
The original design dimensions are 8'-0" x 13'-6". The loft bed area is basically the width of a queen size bed (5'-0") with kitchen under.

avan
# Posted: 10 Oct 2013 16:02

Thanks a lot! what is height of the bunk wall and total height at the peak of the shaque?

project_north
# Posted: 10 Oct 2013 20:00

height to the underside of the bunk floor is 6'-8" i think. there are 2x6 floor joists.
in the loft itself you can stand at the front side and see out the upper window which overlooks the lower roof. So it's probably 6'-2" or so. it's high enough so the window that i had bought fits between the upper and lower roof.
loft height with window between roofs
loft height with window between roofs
looking down from loft
looking down from loft

avan
# Posted: 10 Oct 2013 21:23

I made a very simple plan of the design
the_Shaque.jpg
the_Shaque.jpg

project_north
# Posted: 11 Oct 2013 10:20

Hey Avan,

That's it absolutely. Looks like a sketchup model - i recognize that scale figure. There is a 5'-0" sliding patio door facing the side we are viewing.

avan
# Posted: 11 Oct 2013 15:14 - Edited by: avan

yep! sketch up!

project_north
# Posted: 14 Oct 2013 20:10

Thanksgiving dinner in the woods. Hope all had a good one.
image.jpg
image.jpg

Nirky
# Posted: 15 Oct 2013 22:23

Many municipalities treat greywater as sewage and require septic tank & leechfield.

That's so cool that the municipality is letting you do only a trench for the greywater.

creeky
# Posted: 21 Nov 2013 08:38

what a score on your stairs. where you'd find them?

project_north
# Posted: 21 Nov 2013 09:05

I just have a ladder to the loft. It's from an old RV or trailer. I bought it off e-bay.

project_north
# Posted: 24 Apr 2017 09:34

Shaque du Bois made it through another winter unscathed.

Gary O
# Posted: 24 Apr 2017 10:11

Always a good feelin'

Keep a fire

tichalet
# Posted: 25 Apr 2017 21:43

Did you ever finish the expansion they made you build, project-north?

You haven't given us any pictures recently. How about an update?

project_north
# Posted: 26 Apr 2017 10:40

Not much of an update petitchalet. Here are some pics I took last weekend. Looking forward to progressing more this summer on my build.
SdB View
SdB View
SdB View
SdB View
From Inside
From Inside
From Deck
From Deck

project_north
# Posted: 26 Apr 2017 10:40

Not sure why it rotated those pics.

project_north
# Posted: 26 Apr 2017 10:54

I did build a little workshop/shed last year. Also a gratuitous pic of my dog basking in the sun by the lake.
Workshop
Workshop
Workshop interior
Workshop interior
Nigel by the lake
Nigel by the lake

tichalet
# Posted: 26 Apr 2017 15:26

Ahhh, thanks! Much appreciated.

I don't know why exactly, but I can practically feel my blood pressure come down just looking at the pictures of your project. I guess it's that enchanting site & the way the cabin is tucked slightly behind the trees? (Filtered water views seem more relaxing to me for some reason.) Also Nigel.

Did the local building dept. people not give you a time limit on when you have to finish?

project_north
# Posted: 16 Oct 2019 12:50

Here are some updated pics of my Shaque du Bois. Have built an addition (den) and am very happy with the expanded space. Currently sitting at 256 s.f. including the loft queen bed.
I'm taking a cabinet making course this winter so hopefully can do a whole new kitchen next year.
SdB 2.0 Extension
SdB 2.0 Extension
Looking back from extension
Looking back from extension
Temporary kitchen
Temporary kitchen
Loft Bed
Loft Bed

<< . 1 . 2 . 3 . >>
Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.