Small Cabin

Small Cabin Forum
 - Forums - Register/Sign Up - Reply - Search - Statistics -

Small Cabin Forum / Member's Projects and Photos / Cabin Kitchen almost done!!
nicalisa
# Posted: 9 Sep 2015 16:35

Still have the sink to install, but it is almost done and I love it!!! Whole project cost under 500 dollars (the stove and fridge were included in the cabin when we bought it) and I adore the space now. From Dexters kill room to a cute country kitchen!
kitchen before
kitchen before
kitchen after
kitchen after

Just
# Posted: 9 Sep 2015 17:21

nice job ,just a little TLC.

fickle_serendipity
# Posted: 9 Sep 2015 18:14

nice and bright with lots of fun details to swoon over....just as i knew it would be! btw....dexters kill room?! too funny....but creepy true! Enjoy!

creeky
# Posted: 9 Sep 2015 19:09

nicalisa. see your sign above the window. that's me.

i have certainly spent more time and probably more money on my kitchen. but i look at your kitchen and i thinks to myself. geez. i hope nicalisa is taking a vacation in my neck of the woods and needs gas money. 'cause I'ze gots a job for her.

how did you afix the tile to the wall? is that glued?

anyway. looks great. he says. not looking anywhere near his kitchen.

turkeyhunter
# Posted: 9 Sep 2015 20:38

beautiful transformation !!! Looks ready to cook a meal in for sure!!!

nicalisa
# Posted: 9 Sep 2015 22:12

Creeky, I would be thrilled to help in any way that I can and I am sure that your kitchen is beautiful!
The tile is set with mortar and then grouted. The tile came a used building supply store. It cost 30.00 for all of it;)

Gary O
# Posted: 9 Sep 2015 22:48

simply gorgeous

NorthRick
# Posted: 10 Sep 2015 11:29

Wow! What a difference.

creeky
# Posted: 10 Sep 2015 13:02

nope. sorry nicalisa. my kitchen is not beautiful. but i'm working on it. and it will get there.

i am still in awe of your tiling. who thinks to do 4 rows one kind. 4 rows another. 4 rows. 2 rows. 2 rows. 4 rows. like that.

not me that's for sure.

and if you'd like to talk abit about why you did what you did... those little cabinets on the wall. are they glass front? is that tile or some'at behind? is the wall behind the kitchen help wanted sign really pale blue?

awe. awe i say. thx for the inspiration. now to go find some shelves and some bottles to store stuff in. and a can of white paint. and...

naturelover66
# Posted: 10 Sep 2015 19:58

Love your new kitchen!! Great work.

silverwaterlady
# Posted: 10 Sep 2015 20:44

Wow! It's lovely. Quite the transformation.

hattie
# Posted: 10 Sep 2015 23:52

WOW, what a beautiful transformation! It just makes you want to come in and make yourself a cuppa and grab a cookie. So warm and welcoming. Excellent job! You should be very proud of it!!!!

nicalisa
# Posted: 11 Sep 2015 13:01

Thank you all for the compliments I have been working away from the time we decided to look for a cabin in the interior of BC. We didn't even have the cabin yet and I was already inspired by the painted glass jar look (I love depression glass dishes so it is no wonder that this look hooked me). I collected all of the jars that our groceries came in, went to garage sales to pick up old canning jars for pennies, and painted them with chalkboard paint and then baked them to make them able to be washed.....that was the inpiration for the kitchen.

Creeky, the walls are indeed blue. A shade darker than the rest of the rooms in the cabin still underway. The cabinets on the wall are made of unfinished wooden crates from home depot 9.99 each, I painted them white, distressed them, and then put a marine grade clear protective coating x 5 coats on them. I placed a shelf under them to make sure that they were strong and used cheap 1x2 studs to make the frame for the door. I decided against glass and instead used chicken wire in the doors for that upcycled look (and plus I arealdy had chicken wire from another project so it was an economical decision

The counters are simple 1 inch thick pine craft slabs that I stained, stenciled, and again protected with many coats of sealer.

The tile design was born of the materials I had available. The tile was bought as leftovers from a used building supply store. The glass "chicklets" are two different sizes so it inspired the design by necessity! but hey for 30 dollars for all of the tile, I can be happy for what I had

creeky
# Posted: 11 Sep 2015 13:24

beachman
# Posted: 11 Sep 2015 14:47

Well done! The kitchen is usually the hardest part of any build and you guys have done great. So nice to have a functioning space like that. I know we have appreciated ours

abby
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 06:49

it's a beautiful kitchen! what a great use of space, and I wouldn't mind cooking there one bit!

LoonWhisperer
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 15:18

Great job!!

jaransont3
# Posted: 14 Sep 2015 17:09

I love it. Really cute space and looks quite functional. I love the creative use of materials.

Your reply
Bold Style  Italic Style  Underlined Style  Thumbnail Image Link  Large Image Link  URL Link           :) ;) :-( :confused: More smilies...

» Username  » Password 
Only registered users can post here. Please enter your login/password details before posting a message, or register here first.